£8-900 to spend...help me choose ;)

Associate
OP
Input lag has been quoted as 15ms which is lower than the other two.
Response time is good with no ghosting or lag.
It was a bit cheaper than either of the other two (at least her in UK).
Build quality seems fine to me.
No dead pixels.

which other 2 and where did you see any reviews for the lag?? i cant seem to find any.

also could you read the manual and see if it got a a-tw polorizer.

thanks

Soldato
30" LG LCD W3000HP.................................looking for reviews (where is baddass when you need him:D)
Yeah... reviews of low end TNs are sprouting from every place (and often don't even mention crap viewing angles compared to better panels) but reviews of monitors with good panels are hard to find outside most advertised big brand models.

W2600HP's average lag is probably very small (/similar to Hazro) like PRAD said.
Haven't done measurements against CRT but Human Benchmark gives constantly nearly same results that I got with CRT.

The NEC 24WMGX3 looks sweet and no doubt it will perform well but its a bit out of my price range atm, maybe get it when the price goes down.
It's VA so price should be about halved.

Associate
OP
Esat.... have you actually seen a NEC LCD2690WUXi 26" just to verify its gaming potential and not just going by benchmarks?

i only ask as i seen one in action not for sale tho and the film quality (dvd) was very high tho this could be because iv only ever had Tn sceens:(.

anyway i had a look at its casing and i liked its looks more than the 24" hp's as mark said industrial/stealth look and im amazed at the thin bezel as all iv had were chunky but nec's bezel made it look bigger:D.

judging from photos on lg website the W2600HP looks like a samsung case:)

has anyone got either NEC LCD2690WUXi 26" or W2600HP and if so could you comment on what you think to gaming and also if you found any fault/thing you didnt like about it......anything.

except Esat as we know he has a W2600HP :p:p

Associate
Hi,

Got a lot of my info on my LG W3000H from this site. Dont know how accurate or reliable it is

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/productdb/bGRkaZiWmJfKYcg/viewproduct/LG_W3000HBN/#

The only review I could find was links to a German site. Im sure I accessed them through links in the above site. Hope this helps.

The manual supplied is rather poor and just sufficient to connect the monitor and set it up. Online documents are little better.

Cheers BB

Associate
OP
anyone know if LG europe have good quality control as i have read on this forum that Nec has very high QC and very low bad pixels with an exchange/replacement guarantee in place while im not sure with LG?

that 30" does look temping but i seen another forum about LG in america where users had purchased but then sent back for replacement because of clusters of bad pixels, but whats even sader is they said they had to go through 2-3 screen to get a good one so BB I think you got lucky with yours.

Last edited:
Soldato
Esat.... have you actually seen a NEC LCD2690WUXi 26" just to verify its gaming potential and not just going by benchmarks?
Nope. Superior "static" image quality would apply to anything but gaming aspects aren't that clear... partially also because of very little reviews.

Basing to what I've read NEC's input lag should be about same as in my previous display (Lenovo L220x) meaning 2 frame delay. I've never played games seriously (and haven't had much time lately) and didn't find it disturbing in what I tried some FPS games but LG gives feeling of possibly easier aiming.
Response time would be other factor. IIRC X-bit labs measured average response time of ~6,8ms for Lenovo (many "faster" TNs have above 10ms actual average response time) and in that aspect LG definitely doesn't feel any worser, bigger screen/pixel size should show blurring more easily.

This reviewer wasn't exactly impressed by NEC in that aspect:
http://www.behardware.com/articles/648-3/nec-multisync-lcd2690wuxi-the-first-26-inch.html
On the other hand in that NEC RTC can be selected in settings like ProAdviser mentioned in review so those photos might have been taken without it... but according to PRAD in practise it made only little difference...
Stronger (and/or badly adjusted) RTC causes visible artefacts so maybe NEC is simply aiming to minimizing them for retaining best image quality with slower moving image.

So lovable these LCDs, making one feature better can make other worser! :p

LG and Samsung are both South Korean makers so maybe they don't like boxy designs in there...
Frame itself definitely isn't winning any thinness awards but otherwise design isn't exactly any "piece of soap", more like compromise betweeen angular box design and piece of soap.

Back
Top Bottom