8 P35 boards compared and reviewed in great detail

C64

C64

Soldato
e6420 going from a ds3 to the abit.
Have never owned an abit myself built my sisters pc with the nfs7 though
years ago but i saw how well the quad gt developed with bios updates
and turned out to be the best board going so i figured it's a calculated gamble
that this board is likely to be as good as that if not better with updates.

Last edited:
Soldato
8igdave said:
The reviews said the layout of the board isn't very good if i rember rightly.
because they said that you can't use the firewire ports with a dual-slot gfx card - but you can, proven with both 8800 & X2900 ...

Soldato
There is another roundup at driverheaven:

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/p35moboroundup/

8igdave said:
The reviews said the layout of the board isn't very good if i rember rightly. but it all depends on what your putting on it.

Its a shame they dont review the DS4. What do you guys think about the Gigabyte GA_P35_DS4 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

I've just installed one and it's solid as a rock. Only slight problem I had with it was when I was installing my Arctic freezer 7. It catches on the motherboard chipset heatsink so I had to cut off a bit of the heatsink fins and also get a hacksaw to the CPU fan housing. Apart from that works a treat. :)

Man of Honour
Cheers for the links as i am looking around at new mobo's just in case my Rev 2.0 DS3P is'nt happy with a 6850.

One thing wrong with all these latest motherboards. These damn huge heatsinks everywhere. Absolute nightmare if you are water cooling the cpu as none of them will get any air so you have to faff around fitting fans everywhere.

Soldato
OP
killer_uk said:
There is another roundup at driverheaven:

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/p35moboroundup/

I've just installed one and it's solid as a rock. Only slight problem I had with it was when I was installing my Arctic freezer 7. It catches on the motherboard chipset heatsink so I had to cut off a bit of the heatsink fins and also get a hacksaw to the CPU fan housing. Apart from that works a treat. :)

so the big tower fittings wont fit properly?

Soldato
8igdave said:
so the big tower fittings wont fit properly?

It all depends on the sizes of them. You can get around this by bending the heatsink backwards, like a member of this forum has done, it's just I didn't feel comfortable in doing this.

Back
Top Bottom