8 Pack 2 x 8 Gb C14 3200 (pack opened)

Associate
Just received this after reading it was one of the best options to go with a Ryzen 7/Crosshair Hero VI :

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

Pack had been opened. Is this normal - is it opened to be checked or anything ? Is it possible this line has been binned ?

Also I ordered it yesterday, price has dropped by £11 in the past 24 hours. Can I get the difference back or no go on things like this ?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Nope a new item should be in a sealed box. I would think it's been returned.

You can return this because your now happy with the seal been broken. And reorder but return postage will cancel out any savings.

My advice is to set system to defaults and run ram at max setting and test. If all is good keep it.
Also if you have a look round this ram is know to overclock very well.

OcUK Staff
If its working fine I see no problem we now sold hundreds upon hundreds of these kits. The actual memory is the best on the market.

If the packaging is damaged is this a reason to return?? No, you do not plug your packaging in do you?? If its not working perfectly then we do RMA.

Associate
If its working fine I see no problem we now sold hundreds upon hundreds of these kits. The actual memory is the best on the market.

If the packaging is damaged is this a reason to return?? No, you do not plug your packaging in do you?? If its not working perfectly then we do RMA.
No offence but why are you guys sending items thats either opened or damaged packaging anyway? For all we know they could be returned items, repaired or refurbished items...For peace of mind 99.9% of customers will not accept such packages. Sure send retail cpus, graphic cards and so on with open packages now on : )

Last edited:
Soldato
I look on these forums everyday and the majority of things that 8Pack posts are just dumb.

Representing a company and just gives these sorts of responses.

OcUK Staff
I look on these forums everyday and the majority of things that 8Pack posts are just dumb.

Representing a company and just gives these sorts of responses.
The Ram is working fine and aesthetically fine so if I was a customer I would not care... Does the product work to spec would be my only concern.... We sold hundreds and hundreds of these kits it's a superb product.

If there is an issue the customer can RMA no issue.

Soldato
I'm talking general now for anything that's been open, or used, or not in original packaging, and not specific to this thread.

The issue is damage from static you don't know how an item has been held or stored.

Applys to an item that someone put their hand on 1 seconds after opening the static bag, or a vintage item that's 40 years old. Likewise you can have a component that's been treated very poor, put on bedding / carpet etc and it works for years without fail.

Also an IC can be damaged from static but it pass all the tests, however it's wounded and it could fail at later date, or worse fail intermittently.

Associate
OP
I did a return without testing the RAM and bought a second of the same. Opened product is unacceptable IMO. Components might have a particular rating, but within the production some examples will peform to a higher spec than others.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just RMA it because its your right to.

There’s however no reason to speculate what could have been the reason for the package being opened. It could have been incidental or deliberate, but you can’t say for sure, and speculation will simply spread rumors which eventually grow into all those conspiracy theory all over reddit.

Plus I’m certain OcUK will RMA it if you’re concerned, happened to me multiple times and every time their support team just take the item back no question asked.

Soldato
You could have sent it back under DSR’s however the seller is not responsible for footing this bill if you simply change your mind, the flip side is that for a £200 item I would be sending via special delivery, alone this would probably cost half the money you’d be trying to claw back.

Put it down to experience I guess and I’m glad your ram works, I have the same kit and am about to buy another kit.

Caporegime
poor response from ocuk tbh.

if i bought something from a retailer as brand new then i expect myself to be the first person to open the box. otherwise it's second hand and therefore should be far cheaper than brand new. i wouldn't be happy with this.

if you bought a brand new car and it came with 5,000 miles on it and was dirty. you wouldn't complain 8 pack? (rhetorical question btw)

Caporegime
Its working fine so of course nothing to discuss and if there was we RMA no problem as I said all along!!!

This is a really strange attitude. OcUK are sending out opened products which the customer had to return, wasting their time and it’s all good because the item wasn’t faulty?

Sending out open items isn’t good enough, they could be returns, could have been tried out already by the shop staff to pick out golden samples for their own use, or it could just be a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom