8 PACK MEMORY RANGE GROWING: SAY HELLO TO 8 PACK RIPPED EDITION & 32GB KITS!!!

Associate
Got Windows all set up then ran Ryzen Master last night. My surprise to see idles at 31c with heating just been turned off an hour or so before. Woke up this morning and idle temp now lowest at 24c but usually 28c or so. The Asus BIOS doesn't have the power saving features or I didn't monitor it long enough to see any change. I forgot BIOS isn't real time changes like Ryzen Master.

Soldato
Got Windows all set up then ran Ryzen Master last night. My surprise to see idles at 31c with heating just been turned off an hour or so before. Woke up this morning and idle temp now lowest at 24c but usually 28c or so. The Asus BIOS doesn't have the power saving features or I didn't monitor it long enough to see any change. I forgot BIOS isn't real time changes like Ryzen Master.
Going off topic again from memory but dont you have a real time CPU temp sensor directly on the motherboard? I don't use Ryzen master, I use HWiNFO64 but those temps look fine

Associate
If anyone has a 5900x or 5950x can you run the Aida64 cache and memory benchmark? Preferably latest aida64 extreme version (has a trial also). I want to know how long it takes from you clicking start benchmark to the program displaying your memory read speed in the top left box. I guess any 5600x or 5800x times would be beneficial to know aswell but I just want to rule out dual ccd doing something weird in aida64 to give me the times it does (don't want to state them right now until I have numbers from others).

Soldato
If anyone has a 5900x or 5950x can you run the Aida64 cache and memory benchmark? Preferably latest aida64 extreme version (has a trial also). I want to know how long it takes from you clicking start benchmark to the program displaying your memory read speed in the top left box. I guess any 5600x or 5800x times would be beneficial to know aswell but I just want to rule out dual ccd doing something weird in aida64 to give me the times it does (don't want to state them right now until I have numbers from others).
Just under 18 seconds for me (5800X)

You know you can select benchmark from the menu tree, then memory read or any other and select start just just run that test. 18 seconds on mem read and the same for it run complete memory read on the cache and memory benchmark in tools

5800X
2 x 16GB Team Group 3600C16 @3800C14

Associate
Thanks. Yeah 18 seconds is about what I've seen from most people regardless of AMD or Intel.

I think the dual ccd processors are just weird. Takes 50 seconds on mine even after a clean Windows install and different AGESA. It's probably like starting the test on ccd 1. Completing it. afk for a tad then does ccd 2 and then shows the average between both.

Associate
Nice! What SA and VDDQ are you using? Or is auto using

I’ll give cl14 another go but couldn’t get it to post but in now trying the beta beta 1301bios on the strix-a

Associate
I can't even get my 8pack 2x16 3600 CL16 to run at the rated X.M.P speeds on my Aurous Master Z390, 9900K.
Bad module/s?

Edit: It fails memory and stress tests. Dialling the clock back to 3500Mhz is stable.

Associate
I can't even get my 8pack 2x16 3600 CL16 to run at the rated X.M.P speeds on my Aurous Master Z390, 9900K.
Bad module/s?

Edit: It fails memory and stress tests. Dialling the clock back to 3500Mhz is stable.

Is the correct voltage set for the ram?

On my MSI board I have to set the ram voltage manually.

Soldato
Sadly, I have tried setting the ram voltage manually. I have tried the spec'd 1.35v all the way to 1.5v :(

I had the same issue with an amd cpu it simply wouldn't go past 3533mhz and put it down to the cpu IMC simply not being to run at anything faster. Swapped it out for another cpu later and the same ram would go up to 3800mhz so yep, IMC

Soldato
I never understand how people end up with faulty kits. Arent they all tested in the first place and only have the XMP rating because of prior testing? :confused:
If it's knackered then testing has not been carried out properly or it has been damaged in transit. I find damage in transit hard to believe unless the postie dropkicks it or something

Associate
It's not just RAM though. Literally any hardware can be faulty due to so many variables. You would think CPUs would have the most testing but that doesn't stop them also being faulty.

Even non hardware can have faults but doesn't mean there was anything wrong in the manufacturing or testing process.

Especially in semi post covid with supply getting back to what it was. Chips that probbaly barely make spec are put on the circuit boards just to have supply back.

Soldato
I just had to RMA some two year old 8 Pack RAM as one stick was causing my PC not to boot.

Weird symptoms - first the PC randomly wouldn't boot up and the three beeps error would happen once but not again on boot. Reseating the RAM would fix it then a couple of days later it would fail again.

In the end it stopped booting entirely and I worked out by trial and error one of the sticks was faulty.

I bought another pair anyway, as I wanted to upgrade and they work fine. Also I only just found out that the heatspreaders are easily removable, so I should be able to use the ram slot under my air cooler where the RAM currently doesn't fit.

Soldato
I just had to RMA some two year old 8 Pack RAM as one stick was causing my PC not to boot.

Weird symptoms - first the PC randomly wouldn't boot up and the three beeps error would happen once but not again on boot. Reseating the RAM would fix it then a couple of days later it would fail again.

In the end it stopped booting entirely and I worked out by trial and error one of the sticks was faulty.

I bought another pair anyway, as I wanted to upgrade and they work fine. Also I only just found out that the heatspreaders are easily removable, so I should be able to use the ram slot under my air cooler where the RAM currently doesn't fit.

What's the warrantly period for RMA?
Were you running overclocked or stock 3600/C16?
Had you not done any testing whilst owning them? The first thing I do when I get new hardware is install and run multiple tests at stocks settings. If it fails at XMP / stock then it's get returned ASAP

Soldato
Had you not done any testing whilst owning them? The first thing I do when I get new hardware is install and run multiple tests at stocks settings. If it fails at XMP / stock then it's get returned ASAP

Mine's deteriorated as well instant rebooting (no BSOD and no error messages on restart) didn't want to POST etc. Put my hand on one of them and it was almost too hot to touch despite running it at standard XMP (3600mhz, 1.35V) so nothing excessive. I put it down to the 3090FE sat below it thats simply dumping huge amounts of heat into the case (had a problem earlier with CPU getting roasted on air for the same reason) so I jerry rigged a 12cm case fan over them to get some airflow around them which seems to have eliminated the issue for now at least.

Can't imagine what the 600W 4090 air cooled FE's are going to do to peoples components...

Soldato
Mine's deteriorated as well instant rebooting (no BSOD and no error messages on restart) didn't want to POST etc. Put my hand on one of them and it was almost too hot to touch despite running it at standard XMP (3600mhz, 1.35V) so nothing excessive. I put it down to the 3090FE sat below it thats simply dumping huge amounts of heat into the case (had a problem earlier with CPU getting roasted on air for the same reason) so I jerry rigged a 12cm case fan over them to get some airflow around them which seems to have eliminated the issue for now at least.

Can't imagine what the 600W 4090 air cooled FE's are going to do to peoples components...
What case and fans do you have and what temps does the 3090FE hit?
My 3080 FE never goes over 66c. My case isnt expensive, Phanteks with 2 noctua 140mm intake fans and 1 exhaust noctua. All 3 are locked at around 42% (700-750RPM) so to keep noise down.
Case temps are always low

rn051za.jpg

PGFIs61.jpg

DGqXKam.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

Lifetime warranty on these, BUT OCUK have to send them back to the manufacturer which can take up to 28 days, so I bought some new as I can't do without my PC.

I was just running stock XMP settings. I'd been running these for just over two years with no issues. Only started failing in the last few weeks.

I do normally do mem testing when I get new RAM, just to check for obvious errors.

Back
Top Bottom