8 PACK MEMORY RANGE GROWING: SAY HELLO TO 8 PACK RIPPED EDITION & 32GB KITS!!!

Associate
DRAM Calc also states you should be able to run 3600C14 with a 288 tRFC at 1.37v. I don't even know if the god 4000C14 bin could do that. My G. Skill 3600 GTZNA C14 bin can JUST keep XMP profile (let alone tightened subtimings) at 1.39v.

If you actually use the XMP import profile for dram calc and have good XMP like mines it suggests even more ridiculous settings like 14-13-13 with 1.37v. Simply impossible based on my above assessment.

Associate
So I am sort of stuck as to what to change for stability, I ran anta777 extreme a few times between yesterday and today with the result being 2 error 2s each time, I've googled about and I cant seem to find a list for the anta777 test - only the 1usmus v3 test

I tried changing the procODT to 40 and 36.9 same result, if I try to up the vdimm voltage I quickly start getting other errors, so I've left the ram voltage at 1.465

my timings are in the picture below, I would change 1 timing at a time and run through the 1usmus test - took about 20 min, if the test passed I would lower the timing until failure and then move on to the next one, after I got through all the timings and the tm5 1sumus v3 test passed without any errors I looked for more stressful tests, leading me to the anta777 extreme profile and this error 2 that keeps popping up, any help much appreciated LAyHtC7.png

Edit : so I've been at this most the week, I did find out early that I accidentally saved too low a number for trtp - it was meant to be at 10, but nonetheless it didn't work, moved it up to12 and tried upping trading and trc, no luck still errors, decided to loosen my primary timings see if they wer a cause - no boot, debug code 22, long story short I can loosen all the primiary timings (and still get errors) except tcl

My pc will boot at tcl 15, no boot tcl 16, 17,18 etc, so I've just gone back to stock

Last edited:
Associate
I noted some odd issue with my Dark hero that doesn't happen on my Asrock x470 board. tCL is tied to tRTP. So cl 14 works with rtp at 8, but with a higher rtp, the board wont post. cl 16 requires rtp 10 to post. It's little gotchas like that which had me stumped for a while when I was pushing the timings.

I'm still on bios 3801 so it maybe that this issue is sorted on newer versions or I may have to trouble shoot ram all over again if I update. It may also just be a weird interaction between the board and the mem modules I'm using (4x8 8pack teamgroup xtreme).

Soldato
So I am sort of stuck as to what to change for stability, I ran anta777 extreme a few times between yesterday and today with the result being 2 error 2s each time, I've googled about and I cant seem to find a list for the anta777 test - only the 1usmus v3 test

I tried changing the procODT to 40 and 36.9 same result, if I try to up the vdimm voltage I quickly start getting other errors, so I've left the ram voltage at 1.465

my timings are in the picture below, I would change 1 timing at a time and run through the 1usmus test - took about 20 min, if the test passed I would lower the timing until failure and then move on to the next one, after I got through all the timings and the tm5 1sumus v3 test passed without any errors I looked for more stressful tests, leading me to the anta777 extreme profile and this error 2 that keeps popping up, any help much appreciated LAyHtC7.png

Edit : so I've been at this most the week, I did find out early that I accidentally saved too low a number for trtp - it was meant to be at 10, but nonetheless it didn't work, moved it up to12 and tried upping trading and trc, no luck still errors, decided to loosen my primary timings see if they wer a cause - no boot, debug code 22, long story short I can loosen all the primiary timings (and still get errors) except tcl

My pc will boot at tcl 15, no boot tcl 16, 17,18 etc, so I've just gone back to stock
Those are some very low timings for 3800, 1900FCLK with GDM disabled and only 1.465VDIMM
Anta 777 extreme is quite a hard test but not as tough as RunMemTest-Pro-v2.5 or a 24 hour run of Karhu.
I would suggest reading all the posts from MrPils around these pages - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ack-ripped-edition-32gb-kits.18885405/page-47

Or quick method, turn on GDM and see if the test fails

I think these are my latest settings but honestly not looked at overclocking for some time now as everything has been stable...

nzwbKIq.png

jVSrPsx.png

Quick test to confirm things are still running fine

Lo5KVVo.png

I'm tempted to try the latest BIOS for my board which adds support for AMD ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.6c. I'm currently on ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.3b

Last edited:
Associate
DRAM Calc also states you should be able to run 3600C14 with a 288 tRFC at 1.37v. I don't even know if the god 4000C14 bin could do that. My G. Skill 3600 GTZNA C14 bin can JUST keep XMP profile (let alone tightened subtimings) at 1.39v.

If you actually use the XMP import profile for dram calc and have good XMP like mines it suggests even more ridiculous settings like 14-13-13 with 1.37v. Simply impossible based on my above assessment.
I find DRAM calc not entirely accurate any more.

You can often get tighter timings than it suggests. I use it as a baseline and then tighten a lot of sub timings.

Soldato
I've recently upgraded from 2x 8gb sticks to 4x 8gb sticks and I notice in DRAM Calculator that it recommends changing tWWRD from 3 to 4 and a number of changes to the Termination Block stuff, where they were mostly OFF before. Can anyone shed any light on why this might be?

/Edit I didn't do anything and it was occasionally unstable. I changed the settings to match what DRAM Calculator was suggesting for 4 dimms and it seems to have cleared up. If in doubt do what the computer says ha

Last edited:
Associate
Only Just got around to installing and tweaking my 8pack 32gb 3600 kit, having trouble with getting it stable at 3800 cl14 1900IF

Has anybody got a screenshot of settings when used with a 5800x3d and Aorus Master x570? (rig in sig).

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Only Just got around to installing and tweaking my 8pack 32gb 3600 kit, having trouble with getting it stable at 3800 cl14 1900IF

Has anybody got a screenshot of settings when used with a 5800x3d and Aorus Master x570? (rig in sig).

Thanks
Try 3733, I believe not many 5800X3D can do 1900IF without WHEA errors.

Soldato
I got a TeamGroup 2x8GB 4133MHz 8Pack kit for my 13900K build 3 weeks ago, Only had chance to test it in the last few days, Seems to be a little unstable and shows errors on memtest, OCCT, Some games randomly exit etc... at the basic XMP setting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom