8 TB Sabrent Rocket NVME drive

Soldato
Sign of things to come maybe, but to have one huge superfast super expensive drive ... if it fails ....

A niche product for the time being.

Soldato
... if it fails ....
QLC Flash there so not the best starting point for avoiding critical bit getting lost somewhere along the road...
Well, gues we should be gratefull it's QLC and not some prototype PLC. (because digital storage is so old school)

Soldato
I suppose if it was a thousand pound it would technically be good value.
But 8tb on one plank? you'd have to have a lot of faith in it's longevity. My view might be outdated but storage systems always need a backup, and then it looks less appealing.

I do appreciate the technology improvements though as it's progress, things need to move forward. I remember when CD writers were a thousand pounds each, you literally cant give them away these days.

Soldato
Personally I just need a fast PCIE 4.0 2TB for £150. That still seems some way off. Once we hit affordable 2-4TB NVME drives I think the average user's needs will be covered.

Associate
Too rich for me

Just brought a 2TB Sabrent rocket for £230 thought that was a good price but once these drives drop to the £100 for 4TB range I’ll scrap all my mechanical drives. Things have come a long way since my first 60gb Corsair ssd think I paid £130 for that

Soldato
Too rich for me

Just brought a 2TB Sabrent rocket for £230 thought that was a good price but once these drives drop to the £100 for 4TB range I’ll scrap all my mechanical drives. Things have come a long way since my first 60gb Corsair ssd think I paid £130 for that
hahaha mate, when at Uni in 1994 I was one of the first to buy a 1.7GB drive, it was bigger than Chester Uni Server rofl... and I was a GOD! Can't remember how much it cost but I never thought you'd see the day I'd fill it.. and here we are lol

Back
Top Bottom