1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£800 Budget Build

Discussion in 'OcUK Full Systems & Bundles' started by Jack1991, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Jack1991

Gangster

hi guys,

I have been given the last minute task of building my nephew a new PC for Xmas.

I have not built a system for a while nor watching the HW market since I built my last one 1.5 years ago.

Could someone please spec me a build with a max budget of £800 - needs to include everything including monitor and kB/mouse.

2. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

only B450 in stock!
    also 2 free games with the rx570 card :)
    75hz freesync screen

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £800.93 (includes shipping: £14.10)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

you'll have to get creative with windows 10. use your own system to create a media USB boot ISO from and buy a CD Key for £20 odd​

3. Jack1991

Gangster

Brilliant response time. I’ll ask my brother to order ASAP.

4. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

worth seeing if he can pick up, MSI mortar/Gaming Plus or Aorus Pro for roughly the same price as the ASUS else where

5. Jack1991

Gangster

Yeah looks like that is an option 108 elsewhere for the aoros pro. Thanks mate

6. ExoMale

Mobster

shipping puts it over the budget, but putting an intel in to the mix, same route with the radeon plus freesync monitor, single 500gb drive but in m.2 form, compact case, i went with a simple k/b + mouse option and as above get windows via iso.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £812.93 (includes shipping: £14.10) ​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Jack1991

Gangster

I went for this first build apart from the motherboard, I got an aorus pro b450.

Pc is built and working fine now, 1 thing to mention though.

The Antec case is the worst case I’ve ever built in.....

If it was my PC it wouldn’t be in it.

No room to get the psu in because of the HDD bay. You can’t use the ssd mounts inside the case because you can’t get a power cable into it when you have an ATX mobo installed.

Literally ****.

That’s everyone for your help.

8. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

Apologies, was the only decent case that could fit within budget unless going for the extremely cheap Kolink, which you might as well get a Dell case from the scrap yard :)

Don't forget to claim the games and post up picks of the build. Would be interesting to see the case fully built in etc

Looks like only quoting 150mm and below PSU unit for that case and either budget Kolink units or expensive Focus/Antec ...

9. Jack1991

Gangster

I’ll post up some pics later, I got the psu in eventually but it was a real pain and the cables are bent straight to a 90 degree angle at the back of it.

10. Jack1991

Gangster

how can I attach picture in this forum ?

11. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

i tend to use Imgur hosting site

12. ExoMale

Mobster

im sure the case wasnt that bad, as ive found from my case which seems a similar design, its down to how you go about fitting stuff and the stuff you use, not easy thats for sure, but easily done. anyways you got it up and running thats the main thing.

13. Jack1991

Gangster

14. Jack1991

Gangster

not sure how to embed the pictures but attached link. Not the best pics but gives an idea.

15. Space Monkey

Man of Honour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]