£8000 for a new car what to get ?

Permabanned
I am after something faster than what i have now which is a12 year old V6 mondeo.

I want something quite sporty cas the handling on the mondeo is horrible and i have driven a leon cupra and loved it, although would still like to gets omething faster still.

So far i have come up with a few ideas

3 Series
cupra r
audi S4

dont know what else is worth getting any suggestions ?

Soldato
No3ntry said:
I am after something faster than what i have now which is a12 year old V6 mondeo.

I want something quite sporty cas the handling on the mondeo is horrible and i have driven a leon cupra and loved it, although would still like to gets omething faster still.

So far i have come up with a few ideas

3 Series
cupra r
audi S4

dont know what else is worth getting any suggestions ?
How fast are we talking. Sub 8, 7, 6 or 5?

Soldato
triggerthat said:
Evo looks interesting or you can play the safe card and get a 330 i / d.
Out of them, I'd be seriously looking at that Jag. A 4.2 Supercharged V8. Now thats gotta be fun! :p Plus its only got 60k on the clock too! That must have been £60k a couple of years ago. Crazy.

Permabanned
OP
Speed I am un sure what 0-60 as long as it has some go its not that much of an issue

the cars i have picked the s4 has a 5.7 0-60 and the leon cupra r has a 6.5 0 - 60 so something around that would be good

And the bonus with the cupra r is that you can chip it for under a grand and get it up to 265 brake without doing anything else to it.

i want something that handles well. I dont know about the jag but it looks like a boat i couldnt bring myself to drive a jag at 25.Not actually that keen on jags anyway, prefer beemers or audi's.

Thanks
James

Soldato
As always..

I'll say Galant Vr4

£8k will get you a mint 2000+ UK car with all the bits.

280bhp, 4wd, AYC, 2.5 v6 Twin Turbo with either manual or Tiptronic box.

Same AYC & 4wd system as the Evo, but with a better shell (imo) and much better power delivery.

Associate
If you want 0-60 performance for £8k get a Subaru. My brother sold his recently with 50k on the clock and in absolute mint condition for £7500 - there is just TOO many of them around nowadays and they are at rock bottom prices

Permabanned
OP
some good suggestions so far.
I like the jag idea the more i think about it but i think it would be totally the wrong car for me.

I was looking at something no older than 2000 really as crap interiors are depressing. and most older stuff is starting to look not only dated but tatty as well.

Back
Top Bottom