£8000. What would you get?

Associate
Well at the moment I'm left carless and have £8k to spend on a new car.

My requirements are :

Must seat at least 4.

Reliable.

What would you go for? Links to examples very much appreciated!

Soldato
My friend is looking for a 7k car, in the end we decided that a Mondeo is an ideal car in that price range if you are looking for a mid sized family car.

Associate
OP
Ok, heres a more refined list :

- Not too old (2004 onwards)

- Reliable (as previously stated, which seems to rule out a few suggestions so far)

- Decent running costs.

- Something along the lines of a hot hatch.

It doesn't have any particular requirements, bar carrying 3 passengers and the dog on the odd occasion.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;22236762 said:
Golf GTI.

icon14.gif

Soldato
Shame I can't persuade you out of the decent running costs bit as this was great for a four seater 200+ bhp , 2004 or newer car:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3830099.htm

However it seems you want a hot hatch. Not a sector I'm familiar with but I would have thought you could have your pick of the usual suspects. Golf as suggested, renaultsport of some sort, Focus ST etc. Probably best to drive a selection and see which you best get on with.

Associate
OP
I have just sold an FN2 Type R after running one for 3 years. It's now attracting the wrong image! Combined with the horrifically thin paint and back breaking ride, I got rid.

Think I'll go for a decently specced Golf GTi. Any links to decent ones would be great!

Back
Top Bottom