• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8500GT Driver Problems in Vista 64

Associate
Got my new PC installed yesterday,

ASUS M2A-VM Mobo (with latest bios installed - v.0901 i think which fixes video output flicker or black screen)
AMD x2 6000
4gb Kingston 667 Memory
GE8500GT Graphics
Running Vista 64

I installed Vista OK and then the 1st thing i did after installing the mobo drivers (chipset, network and onboard sound) was download and install the latest Nvidia drivers (prior to that Vista was using the standard VGA drivers and i was running fine 1280x1024 but aero runns like a dog as proper direct x support isnt working)

After rebooting I get the small progress bar type screen then when it should switch to the vista logo screen it goes blank with the odd screen flicker.

I have to force a reboot by powering off and back on then it asks if I want safe mode - I go in with safe mode and remove the nvidia drivers reboot and its back to working with the standard drivers.

I have tested the latest drivers (167 something) the latest beta (169) and the ones that came with the card (163 i think) and it happens on all 3

Any Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom