• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8570 using 3 screens potrait mode.

Associate
5870 using 3 screens potrait mode.

Just thought i would post a couple of pics up.
Ati 5870 running 3x dell in potrait mode. runs really well far better than
my matrox triple head to go box.
here is a few pics.

Last edited:
Soldato
Playing wow like that must take some getting used to. The bezel between the screens would annoy me no end during games.

I even use dual monitors in work too. :p

Soldato
I always wonder why peeps don't overlap the bezel between monitors like put the 2 outside ones lay over the bezel of the main one to cut the size of it down

Soldato
because some screens would be forward and some back, i wouldnt mind trying out multi screen but the bezels need to be really thin

Soldato
Yeah, with three screens in portrait mode I imagine the bezels would get annoying.

In 3-screen landscape mode it wouldn't be that bad - after all what you're getting is just "extra" information at the sides. In portrait mode though, the bezels are well within your normal viewing range.

Associate
Nice setup, new monitor technology over the next couple of years should give us bezel less screens at which point something like that would be superb.

Permabanned
Why not just get a big 52" LCD :confused:

Even with the lower 1080p res it would still look far better then having all them frame between the screens...

Increase the size of the screen and you're just increasing the size of the content on screen.

Increase the number of monitors to 3 and you're increasing your FOV a lot.

Associate
PICT3598.JPG

Well I have this setup, I much prefere 1 big screen to multi, although off shot to the right I do have my old 17inch TFT I use to drag the odd window over or tv program while im doing somthing else. I use a bluetooth Mx5500 2500dpi mouse on that metal mousemat I just sit me office chair at the rear of the room and put the mouse on me bed :) much better than multi screen gaming and no eye strain 10metre range :D

Associate
PICT3598.JPG

Well I have this setup, I much prefere 1 big screen to multi, although off shot to the right I do have my old 17inch TFT I use to drag the odd window over or tv program while im doing somthing else. I use a bluetooth Mx5500 2500dpi mouse on that metal mousemat I just sit me office chair at the rear of the room and put the mouse on me bed :) much better than multi screen gaming and no eye strain 10metre range :D

He is getting a much higher resolution.

Though I agree with the people saying he would be better off with the landscape triplle screen.

Soldato
An chance of one of those screen shots taken when only using one screen in Normal mode?

I just can't see how a bigger screen can't show the same picture without the boarders, the output from the game should surely be the same unless the game makers have been creating content we could not see for years!!!

Associate
duno cant really go by the res in the pic as i use CTRL Scroll to adjust the web brower to suit the site, im using 1360x720p, I find the high res is great for small screens but you try and read the text off a 1080p 40inch tv while sitting 3/4 metres away lol, its just to small. :D

As for game content a 1080p 40inch does show a little more game becuase of the high res compared to my 720p as my mate has a 1080p tv as well same size, and I have noted the diffence. but multi screens surely is multi apps, not gaming lol, the gaps would annoy me so much :D

only game I can think of that would benifit from multi screen would be flight simulator lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom