• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8700K 4700MHZ hits abnormal temps in Assassin Origins

Associate
Hi. This is the only 1 game that hitting my 8700K to abnormal temps. Temps goes to 80 and climbing in random areas to 90-95C and spikes to 100C.

I have 8700K with cooler M9i Cryoring , motherboard Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. MTE is on. XMP memory ON.

This is the only 1 game with such temps. Should i change cooler ? In other games i have temps : 70-80C.

When i see on task manager there are 100% cpu usage when running Origins.

Nothing changed in UEFI. Only XMP profile ON.

Other games temps are ok . But only in Origins it goes as high like 85C to 90C and 90-100C

Associate
Your motherboard is pushing too much voltage most likely so try manually lowering it.
How many FPS are you getting when it’s maxing out your cpu.? I don’t have that game but it’s very unlikely for any game to be taxing 12 threads to 100%.
Check your task manager if there is anything else than the game eating up your cpu.

Soldato
I have a slim line 360 to cool my 8700k @ 5.1 with 1.355v - personally wouldn't trust a 240 AIO . 280 is you can- its a hot chip when you hit a well threaded game like that!

but also try remount and thermal grizzle paste- non liquid metal

Associate
Must have got a decent chip then, all cores synced at 4.7ghz using asus best case scenario uses 1.21v to 1.26v if avx is being used. With avx temps will top out at about 80c, gaming 50c to 65c but depends on the game.

Using a noctua d15 heatsink on a non delided chip.

Associate
Those temps are not unusual for MCE on. Honestly, I would turn it off. It's horrible. If you want to overclock, then look up a guide and do it manually. There is one review someplace that measured the efficiency of the Asus MCE and there was a 40% gain in heat production for a 10% gain in performance. Fine if you have the capacity to handle that heat, not fine at all if you don't. Switch it off. Your VRM temps are probably high enough to fry eggs.

Back
Top Bottom