• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8800GTX my first NV card in a while!

Associate
Hi to all you GTS GTX owners!

This is my first NV card since the 5900Ultra which was not that great! just removed my X1900 XT-X removed all the ati drivers ect. installed the lastest NV drivers 100.59 64X vista and eveything looks ok, just one thing, in the NV control panel set up, the demo of the NV logo looks almost blacked out.

installed the NV drivers 97.92 on my XP boot. and it looks normal.

so a quick qestion, has anyone any fully working vista X64 drivers?

apart from this small niggle the 8800GTX runs sweet, not as noisy as i thought it would be being air cooled as my ati X1900 XT-X was water cooled so silent. seems to run about 58c in games in XP dont use vista for games yet untill the drivers mature and get the performance close to XP.

It is an extreamly fast card. now for some gaming!!!!!!

Soldato
Gaming? GTX in Vista? You have to be joking :)

Its a really nice card but things are a bit pants until Nvidia pull their finger out and get some decent drivers.

Associate
OP
In XP i dont have any issue's with drivers! its only the vista X64 drivers that have that preview logo blacked out. I dont expect to see good drivers for vista X64 for another few release's yet. but in fairness Nvidia should get upto speed to get these drivers released!

should be 100% working for an OS which has been around in RC1 and RC2 and now fully released.

I have my XP boot for gaming so i have no issue's with the NV driver's there.

I also think nvidia's desktop IQ has also improved since my last card. cant see any diffrence in the 8800gtx and the 1900 XT-X. both look as good as each other. on the 5900ultra they looked washed out compard to ati at the time.

Back
Top Bottom