8GB or 16GB for gaming?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Definitely go with 16 if you want to future proof it a little bit

Associate
16Gb minimum.

For me, gone are 2x4Gb..8Gb definitely not enough when you consider Windows alone with normal everyday apps installed, will consume almost(if not more than) 2Gb of those 8Gb, so you're left with 6Gb for gaming.

Anything above 1080p in latest titles may struggle in CPU/GPU intensive scenes.

I remember when RAM prices where crazy through the roof, had just gotten my Ryzen 1600 system and only had 1 stick of 8Gb of RAM, playing PUGB with 8Gb of RAM (single channel...obviously)..everything was fine...looting..driving...but the moment I met other players in game, and a gunfight ensued, insta-frame-drops...making it unplayable (since the whole point is to survive during a gunfight).

Waited another month then bit the bullet on a 2nd stick of 8Gb for £70-£80.

Never am I going lower than 16Gb of RAM for my gaming rig, ever again ( only if it's for my HTPC..then 8Gb is plenty).

Soldato
depends on price and what you choose, i run 12gb which did cost nearly the same as the cheapest 16gb team group on here, but thats because of different purchase times, either way i havent used 9gb and thats only certain games, the beta of division 2 was using around 6-7 i think(recorded, so have to look).

Back
Top Bottom