£8k Budget - Advice appreciated.

Associate
Hi!

A little about me first....

I'm 29 with 7 years no claims. I've got £8k cash to spend on a new motor..
My trusty 1998 Astra CDX finally gave up the ghost, which I'm kinda of glad of as it was getting very boring to drive and expensive to keep going!

I'm looking for something fun to drive, pretty quick but also can do the occasional motor way journey.

I live in the city centre so I'll be pretty much doing short evening trips or weekend driving....

I don't know too much about cars (trying to learn fast!)...

So far I've looked at a 2008 Civic Type-R, an older Focus ST and an Integra...

Out of all of them I'm loving the Civic the best.. however I know you guys can probably widen my horizons...

Any advice/views/discussion appreciated!

Thanks!

Soldato
Might be worth listing what you require from the car.

From your list of three I guess you're looking for:

BMW 330 (rwd)
VW Golf Gti
Nissan 350z (thirsty)
Seat Leon/Ibiza
Audi S3
VW R32
EP3 type R
Mk1 Focus RS

Associate
It all depends what you what from a car..

...some good suggestions in the list but all vary differently and are good at certain things.

For example the Mk1 Focus RS is a great hot hatchback and will go down as being one but it's more suited to the true enthusiast with it's firm ride, tricky handling and garish interior not to mention early models are heading on for being 10 years old now. Definatly a drive before you buy ;)

Associate
My first OCUK post :cool:

And I will throw in a few curveballs.

Corolla TSport Compressor, can get a mint one with low mileage for about 6k then bank the rest for when the charger dies :)

Or maybe a Celica GT, 190bhp, very similar power delivery to VTEC, can get a very nice one for about 7k also.

Colt Ralliart they are very cheap, can be pushed to 180bhp very easily, can almost get a new one for 8k, might be abit small for you though.

Back
Top Bottom