8k family car

Soldato
My current car is an old mondeo mk3 tdci. It sounds like a tractor and is starting to get a bit tired (165k on it).

It's been a dependable car but now that we are due a baby soon I'd like something a bit more refined. A nice family wagon.

With a budget of around £8k and annual mileage of around 15-20k what would you guys suggest?

I tend to keep cars for a good while so ideally I'd want something with less than 80000 miles on it.

My current ideas are a Mondeo mk4 or a Skoda superb as I like large cars with comfortable seats (I'm 6ft 4) and plenty of luggage space.

I think at least 50mpg would be nice too as my current mondeo can manage 45+.

Any ideas are appreciated. I'm open to anything that suits a family of 3 and a regular 60 mile a day commute.

Thanks.

Commissario
I really liked the Mazda 6s that we test drove.
This thread is almost a clone of what I posted a while ago - I suggested I was looking at Mondeos but someone mentioned the Mazda 6. I looked at them and fell in love with their striking good looks. That's what I ended up with although I spent a couple of K more than Hedge is looking at.

Soldato
I had a Mazda 6 for a few years. Sold it to upgrade to a CX5 but it was cracking and looks good too. Definitely recommend. Though space won't be much more than the Mondeo if at all.

Soldato
OP
This thread is almost a clone of what I posted a while ago - I suggested I was looking at Mondeos but someone mentioned the Mazda 6. I looked at them and fell in love with their striking good looks. That's what I ended up with although I spent a couple of K more than Hedge is looking at.

I've been looking at them since making this thread. I noticed a lot of people commenting on rust. Have you had any issues with yours?

My current mondeo is an estate so it's massive. I don't expect to match it exactly but I'm happy with something close.

Back
Top Bottom