8Pack approved AMD Ryzen5 1600 OC bundle, smash the competition is da mission!! :)

OcUK Staff
Many on these forums and across tech media have been waiting for the new AM4 platform and Ryzen series of CPU with great interest. What Ryzen and the AM4 platform bring to the table is very good multi threaded performance along with solid single core and gaming results. These gaming results will only improve with further maturity in the platform and game coders making use of higher thread counts.

What Ryzen is about for many me included is this great level of performance is available on a full featured chipset at a truly competitive price point. For me this bundle using a Ryzen5 6 Core 12 thread 1600 CPU with a guaranteed 3.9 OC and settings for 4ghz OC represents crazy value for the performance on offer.

I have chosen flagship level boards for this bundle as X370 and the AM4 platform promise to be around several years and support the next iteration of AMD Ryzen CPU's and as such it makes sense to invest in a great board and upgrade only the CPU later. Furthermore Ryzen is challenging when OC on the VRM of any board so again it makes sense not to skimp in this area to ensure no throttling or instability.

The AM4 platform being relatively new I have kept the memory speed at 2666mhz as guaranteed but will update the OC profiles to 3000mhz+ as soon as I am confident no issues will occur on successive reboots or cold boots. I will also continually update the OC profiles on both the option MB's too to take advantage of any additional performance gains.

I tested several 1600X and found the OC to be exactly the same if not worse than the 1600 and the reported temps at the same loads and frequencies to be around 20c hotter, this is ofcourse offset but can cause throttling under very extreme loads. For me no point in anyone buying 1600X just go 1600 and OC.

So the components in the two bundles I am offering are as follows:

AMD Ryzen5 [email protected]
ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero or AsRock Taichi X370 motherboards
Team T Force Dark 16gb (2x8gb) 3000mhz DDR4 memory running initially at 2666mhz.
Thermal Grizzly Kyonaut thermal paste.
Asetek 120mm AIO cooler with Silverstone OCUK watercooling fans for high static pressure and AM4 mounting kit
Options for 240mm AIO cooler and No cooler are also on the product pages within our web store. The 240mm Cooler offers load temps 6-7C better than the 120 equivalent.

Here are some pics of the bundle:

Here is the performance you can expect from the Ryzen5 [email protected] AsRock based bundle:

Some stability testing:

and the load temps with the 120mm AIO default option:

Here is the performance the ASUS Hero based Ryzen5 [email protected] bundle has to offer:

Some stability testing:

Mean performance for the money.... the kinda strength this bundle offers :) giving you pecs appeal.

These bundles are very easy to set up. Simply follow the video on how to put the bundle together:
https://youtu.be/9XaCDf1Ul-Y

If you require 32gb of memory I have tested this and simply buy an extra kit of the memory below giving you a 4x8gb configuration at 2666mhz

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-channel-kit-grey-tdged416g300-my-089-tg.html

Download the Bios and OC profiles from here, first one is AsRock Taichi second one ASUS CH6.

http://img.overclockers.co.uk/media/archive/ASrock-R5-OC.rar

http://img.overclockers.co.uk/media/archive/Asus-R5-OC.rar

Boot up your chosen bundle with the Bios file from the download on a USB stick enter Bios and then go to either boards flashing utility using the easy to navigate UEFI. Go through the flash procedure and leave the board to reboot. It may do this several times as Micro codes and firmware is updated. Then back into bios. Navigate to the boards OC profiles section and load the correct profile for your board again via USB pen. F10 and enter to reboot and the system is overclocked.

Check stability with Realbench or simply using your PC as you would normally. Adjust CPU Vcore as needed for stability with 1.45v being the top end value.

Several 1600 CPU can manage 4.0ghz no problems stable. If you wish to try this simply adjust the multi/ target frequency in Bios to 40 /4.0ghz and up the vcore as needed for stability using upto 1.45v.

Any questions post back here.

Get your Ryzen5 1600 8Pack approved super strong bundles here:

Asus
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/67100

AsRock
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/67099

Associate
Hey 8Pack, are you planning on releasing another profile for the newer 2.0 BIOS? Or would there be little point? Considering flashing to that version and tweaking about myself otherwise.

Thanks!

Associate
suggested to a friend recently to buy this bundle. going through the building process and all im getting from the board is error code "Ad" which is no where to be found... overclockers have suggested it could be to do with the ram as some ryzen issues have traced back to ram over 2400mhz? cant find out where to go or what to do next...

Associate
Hi Rich

I had the same problem with the Taichi 1700 bundle, and it was indeed the Ram. It was an easy fix, but only if you have an older/slower spare stick of ddr4. I swapped out to this stick, which enabled me to boot into bios, then patched a more up to date bios, and replaced the old stick with the ram from the bundle and everything was fine thereafter. The problem is, if you don't have any other ddr4 I'm not sure how to proceed.

Les

Associate
suggested to a friend recently to buy this bundle. going through the building process and all im getting from the board is error code "Ad" which is no where to be found... overclockers have suggested it could be to do with the ram as some ryzen issues have traced back to ram over 2400mhz? cant find out where to go or what to do next...

I had the same problem with this bundle however i swapped the ram out for the Teamgroup T-Force 3000mhz, same error code. After taking the sticks out putting one in i was able to get to the bios to flash, once flashed both sticks worked fine and are now up to the rated 3000mhz with better timings then they state.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah with latest Bios on both boards mems are working fine XMP or DOCP respectively. Fully tested. Same settings as previous just enable extra settings to give you 2933mhz mems. On latter bundles I will offer my 8Pack dimms which are working 3200 no problem or for those who wish to set 3466mhz C16-16-16 also fully working.

Associate
Mine won't. Or 3333mhz. Not 12 instances of memtest HCI overnight stable.
3466mhz errors pretty quickly, but 3333 when you get up around 1000%

Soldato
Just a daft question, but I just want to make sure. Do these bundles come in all their retail box packaging, CPU, Motherboard, Ram?

Also, nothing OEM right?

Back
Top Bottom