8Pack Approved i5 Kabylake 7600K 4.9ghz upgrade bundle. Gamers paradise!!

OcUK Staff
So whats the best thing about Kabylake I hear all the forum users ask?? In my eyes its the CPU's overclocking potential. With this the associated performance benefits of overclocking for all CPU intensive tasks.

Z270 is the new platform of choice for Kabylake having many extra features to Z170 whilst maintaining all that was good about the previous platform.

On completing extensive testing over the last month or so I came up with this bundle for the i5 gaming end user. Each part is selected for compatibility, reliability and quality at this price point.

The Bundle Includes.
Intel i5 7600K CPU with instructions and bios profile below on how to overclock to 4.9ghz +
ASUS Strix F Z70 Motherboard
Team Group 3000mhz 16gb (2x8gb) Dual channel memory kit.
Asetek AIO 120mm Cooler and Noise blocker fan.
Thermal Grizzly TIM.

So here are the performance benchmarks of the bundle at 4.9ghz.

Plus some stability testing. I did XTU, Realbench and none AVX Prime with 3D also running for all these new Kabylake based bundles. Here you see temps and stability running XTU and Heaven to stress all CPU controllers on this bundle.

Here we have a guide on how to fix the included AIO 120mm cooler onto the CPU. Remove the pre installed TIM on the CPU block and add the included Thermal Grizzly for even better performance. Place the Thermal Grizzly on the CPU beffore mounting the cpu block.

Parts laid out!!!

Retention ring hooked in.

and secured with clip.

Place the backplate on the back of the motherboard with the holes through the mounting holes on the board.

Screw the mounting post into the backplate.

Place the CPU block head over the mounting holes on the bracket. The inner holes are for this socket.

Screw down all 4 thumb screws one twist on each screw at a time until finger tight. Attach the pump!!

Place the pump three pin cable on the AIO water cooling header on the Strix F MB and the fan three pin cable on the CPU header of the MB.

Here are the screens of the Bios settings you should copy to get a stable 4.9ghz Overclock.

To get into Bios hit Del on post, once in Bios hit F7 to show advanced options then set as the screens below.

Hit F10 to save and enter to restart you have 4.9ghz running. Test for stability by using your PC or using Realbench,

Here is the Bios Profile should you wish to download and load through USB in Bios
http://img.overclockers.co.uk/media/archive/ASUS-Z270-strixF-4-9.rar

Buy this great performing bundle here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/65058

Any questions post back here.

OcUK Staff
OP
No....not unless you are trying way way too hard. I mean the coolers are the same as previously. Mount the same way it's working fine.

If you use the AIO from this bundle I think almost impossible to warp the CPU.

Man of Honour
Might want to check the advert page in your link.

Bundle Includes: Intel Core i7-7600K OEM @ 4.90GHz

i7 ?

and

- Kabylake i7 7600K OEM: Providing hyperthreading quad core (8 threads) technologies with huge overclocking headroom a staggering 6MB of L3 Cache for responsive and efficient computing.

i7 and Hyperthreading on a i5 7600 ?

Soldato
:eek:
Code:
Here we have a guide on how to fix the included AIO 120mm cooler onto the CPU. 
Remove the pre installed TIM on the CPU block and add the included Thermal Grizzly for even better performance. 
Place the Thermal Grizzly on the CPU beffore mounting the cpu block.

8Pack - I just notice the screenshot isn't AIO 120mm as the picture does look like AIO240mm with two fans on it. But, when click the link to buy it say AIO 120mm but still come with two fans?

Associate
:eek:

8Pack - I just notice the screenshot isn't AIO 120mm as the picture does look like AIO240mm with two fans on it. But, when click the link to buy it say AIO 120mm but still come with two fans?

thats because that a stock pic they use to show how to mount the cooler as there are no instructions and your buying a 120mm with push pull fans in the kit

OcUK Staff
OP
I did not test any MSI Z270.

I can recomend ASUS HERO, Formula, APEX all ROG and Strix -F Z270, Strix M Z270 And Gigabyte Auris Gaming 7.

For me this Gen ASUS is spot on. Gigabyte has improved a lot in terms of memory and effciency too.

Depends on budget as to what board I would get.

Associate
OC settings don't work

Hey,
Just got this setup and I've so far not been able to boot with the OC settings above except for the very first boot.
Each time I've tried I've ended up having to reinstall Windows as it has become corrupt.

Thought it might have been my PSU so I upgraded to a Super Flower Golden Green HX 750W "80 Plus Gold".
Still no joy.

I've now got an SSD in case my HDD was starting to fail but no go.

Any advise?

OcUK Staff
OP
Install at stock man....

Then you can check everything and then add the oc one stage at a time to fins issue.

So bios f7, F5 enter F10 enter install. Sounds like could be memory issue but install first...

Associate
Hi I am getting the asus Z270i the same Team Group Vulcan T-Force kit of ram a i5-7600K pretested by der8auer and will be custom cooling it. could i just use the same setting as you have done on my itx motherbored ?

Thanks

Associate
I have the 7600K, z270 mark 1 TUF and H115i, Im actually running everything at stock and I'm still very happy with the thermals and performance. Although I know no two setups overclock the same would it be worth trying the settings you have posted above and then see where I can hit a nice stable :)?

(my full setup is in my signature)

Back
Top Bottom