8pack kit tuned for daily max performance. Details and pics.

Associate
I have the 18-19-19/4000 b-die and had it since I picked up the 9900k. However it was paired with an Aorus pro board which is poor at mem OC. More so with 2 sticks with it being T-Topology board.

I was able to get an Asus XI Apex before they stopped making those and it was nice to tune the memory on something capable that was not going to hold it back.

After some time, this is my daily stable. I leave my machine on 24/7 so this is really stable.

bomXNic.png

This was tested using TM5 Extreme profile (TestMem5), Google GSAT, OCCT large/avx2 and X264 stress test loops. The voltages are vccio = 1.25v sa = 1.275v and DRAM = 1.5v All the voltages are within safe working parameter. Yes it can pass hours of Battlefield V also!

The main reason to buy any b die is due to it's ability to tighten secondary and tertiary timings to maximize the performance.

Unfortunately this bin is rather weak in the current landscape of binned bdie kits. For primaries and frequency, I was only able to squeeze - 1 on primaries and +200 on frequency at 1T. After 4200, 1T wasn't possible and going to 2T command rate plus looser timings and higher voltage wasn't worth it.

The best bin currently is the 15-15-15/3600. A guy I oc with and share info with is running the same board and 15/3600 kit at 16-16-16/4400 2T with similar tight timings. He's 2ns faster and almost 4-5k better across the board for throughput.

Would I recommend this kit? Sure if the price is right and you're willing to tune. It does not have temp sensors which is a bummer when taxing the kit as bdie is temp sensitive

Would I recommend bdie overall? Only if you're going to tune it. For XMP, the performance is lack luster with very loose secondary and tertiary timings. If your goal is xmp, find the cheapest kit at the frequency you want and not horrific primary timings. Save the money.

How can you learn to tune memory? Read this guide, take notes and follow along: https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/master/DDR4 OC Guide.md

How can you find out the quality of your bdie kit in relation to others? Use this calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nt4ap20lO5xpAceNT6EDuTwtaqWylb4oBReipH9s6oQ/edit?usp=sharing

Why do you have 0's in your timings? DR = different rank and DD = Different DIMM. Since the Apex is only a 2 slot board and these are single rank kits, those timings do nothing at all and can be set to any value you like

Overall, I had fun with the kit on two different boards but I'll be on the lookout for a good deal on the 15/3600 combo.

@8 Pack it's your kit so feel free to comment if anything important about the kit was left out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nice post.

By the way I noticed the @ ping feature does not work reliably. I have pinged a few times lately and never got a response and I have been pinged myself and it never shows in my alerts.

Associate
OP
Nice post.

By the way I noticed the @ ping feature does not work reliably. I have pinged a few times lately and never got a response and I have been pinged myself and it never shows in my alerts.

Thanks for the info about the pings.

Since the above info, i was able to dial down my IO/SA voltages to 1.17v for both which is quite low so happy with that. I had bump twr to 10 as 8, while stable was causing some performance regression which can happen with memory.

Back
Top Bottom