1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8PACK Launches his NEW £10,000 Gaming Machine - The Polaris MK2

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by [email protected], 5 Jun 2018.

1. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

So 4.7 stable across all 7920x is around 20% of these chips.... Cost of binning to find one statistically is 5 x CPU for starters ....

The cost is justifiable for the product and moreover we have many customers buying 8Pack or infin8 which proves this point.

2. Vince

Man of Honour

I don't doubt for a minute that you have justified the costs and sat down and worked out the profit margin etc you would be a fool not to :) This is business after all. As I said just because I personally don't get it, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate what went into it.

3. DomBruv

Wise Guy

This goes beyond gaming though, this is for someone who games and renders for work.

Ugly colours but each to there own.

A lot of our clients have 8pack machines, but haven't seen one of them actually care what they look like lol. They just want something that is stupidly powerful.

Some are really sad as they are hidden away under a desk... what a shame.

4. MGP

Mobster

When you see these things in the flesh, and for the buyer who simply wants the best, there is no doubt they would be drooled over.

Bit surprised that only the 12 core CPU was used. No doubt that is more than sufficient to power the pair of GPUs, but if a flagship system like this doesn't justify Intel's biggest cored CPU, then why are Intel even bothering with such 14, 16, 18 or whatever cores?

5. Minusorange

Sgarrista

I did say it was a minor imperfection and obviously didn't know you guys were stuck to a time schedule, it's an otherwise perfect build and if all someone can find a fault with is the sleeving on the front panel headers then I'd say you've done an amazing job considering the harder stuff like the tubing and the milled perspex logo + cooling flowing through it looks bloody fantastic and so precise.

The price I can see arguments for and against as something like this is entering into the realms of art which is all subjective and probably those saying it's not "worth" the £10k tag aren't your target audience anyway

6. Daftbrown

Wise Guy

These appear to be for "money's no object - I want THE best available" buyers.

Obviously, there's a premium to pay for that and a business like OCUK, who need 'halo' products such as this for not just pure sales but marketing also, are happy to provide the product at a premium price. They're a business - good luck to them.

It is drool-worthy, that's for sure. Good effort.

7. Cyclone

Mobster

That looks beautiful :eek::eek:

8. subbytna

Capodecina

If you're buying that machine, in 8 years time you'll just buy another. If you can drop 10k on a PC then money clearly isn't a worry.

9. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

^We have several users who own two or even three hardware generations of 8Pack systems so this is absolutely true.

10. MooMoo444

Caporegime

I wanted one that was more related to me, more personalized, but sadly they don't do a 1 Pack range :(

11. JediFragger

Caporegime

Marker pen, sorted ;) :p

12. [email protected]clockers

OcUK Staff

You'd be surprised how many 8Pack and INFIN8 machines go out.

13. Jamesyboyjim

Mobster

That's awesome, thanks.

14. signal11th

Hitman

Have to say I'm one for usually "small" builds but this is a lovely looking peicie of kit I would just need a bigger house to put it in.

15. bulldog147

Soldato

How long does the custom water cooling need be changing eg: servicing?

16. marcus_667

Wise Guy

Gotta say i really like this system . do you take kidney as payment ? lol

17. koooowweeee

Soldato

I wish I was on these sort of wages. Must only take a day or to 'bin' the CPUs ? So 5 X the cost goes on wages???

It's been said before that the binned chiosgo into none overclocked rigs so there th waste here?

Guys your killing it. Best you don't reply. You get the same thing every time. Internet doesn't miss much.

18. Raumarik

Capodecina

Nothing stopping people doing this themselves and saving money, the premium, as with everything is about a business taking on the risk, sourcing parts (custom in this case) and having the skills/confidence to do the work.

I don't personally see any issue with it. If anything I think it's great that a retailer actually does custom work, many don't or outsource it to China and buy in parts pre-modded etc.

19. somewhatdamaged

Hitman

Very, very impressive build quality. If i was to nitpick, i would say that i would expect a CaseLabs case not a Lian Li, more than 2TB of SSD storage and a better processor for £10k. I think 1TB is a waste for an OS drive. 250GB-500GB is fine, and then go for a bigger M.2 / SATA SSD for games etc (lets face it, it's been tested that M.2 is no faster than SATA3 whatsoever when it comes to games loading). I would then expect a couple of large 10TB red drives (RAID1) for data.

20. subbytna

Capodecina

Anyone remember when the Supernova was £10,000? inflation innit :p