8Packs Video review and bench testing KFA2 Nvidia HOF 1080 Ti 8Pack edition graphics card.

OcUK Staff
This is a follow up on the forum to the You Tube video review I did on our channel before I left for Computex.

The link to the review of the card is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1JeHmcKxIY&t=5

The system I used for card testing was:
6950X at 4.6ghz
Galax HOF memory 32gb 4x8gb
ASUS Rampage V Xtreme MB
8Pack PSU

Windows 10 64 Bit.

Here are the screen shots of the bench scores with the card running stock clocks. We have Heaven, Valley,Firstrike 1080P Time Spy 1440p and Firestrike Ultra 4K.

As you can see a pretty impressive stock boost clock of between 2025/2059mhz on the Core and 5800mhz on the mems which is by far the fastest out of the box boost clocks on the market. This produces some truly outstanding scores.

Stock full load temps:

The screen shot shows a peak of 66 C and an average of 63C after Heaven maxed out for 1 hour with fan on auto and at a almost silent 50% of max fan speed. This beats the Founders edition card by over 23C on average in the same test conditions, but with a boost clock around 200mhz higher. In my eyes this is the best looking and performing cooler on the market.

Overclocking results where very good too using the almost silent auto fan profile game stable results of 2125mhz Core and 6350mhz mems was no problem for this card. In benches 2150 core was possible if you crank up the fan to full speed.

(Screen Shots to go here on return from Computex)

In conclusion the Galax HOF is the best stock performing and the best OC performing card I have tested. It looks great and has a truly class leading cooler. Bitspower has added a waterblock to there catalogue for those who want to liquid cool too. This is a truly elite tier TI in every way and well worthy to be part of the 8Pack range of hardware.

Xtreme cooling testing to follow next.....................

Buy this card here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-09k-kf.html

and the very slightly lower clocked one here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-09g-kf.html

Associate
I wonder what the asic values are on these . cherry picked for what . Have not seen anything other than claims of fastest 1080ti . Everyone says that. Ive looked for overclocking results for there but there is so limited number that the card is hard to find .

Last edited:
Associate
HI, I'm new, Thanks for all the information.

I've got a couple of questions?
I'm running R7 1700X @3.9, have you tried the card with the Ryzen CPUs? I'm hoping to move to 4k at the end of the summer.
Don't mind investing money in something that's going to perform.

Thanks.
Ultrflat

OcUK Staff
OP
The card is hard to find because the binning procedure is very hard to pass. Out of the box around 2050mhz and highest mems available.

The card works fine with Ryzen at 4K of course.

Back
Top Bottom