911 Turbo gets the Zymöl Royale treatment

Associate
jamoor said:
You can do pretty much the same job yourself for £350 including the machine, polishes etc, and you get more satisfaction that you did it yourself.

and you can also mess up your paint that bad that it may need a repaint!! nothing beats practice and experience in my opinion! :)

Soldato
ICK! silicon cleaner.. eugh.. had to use a can or two of IPA on a E30 325i that had that cack about 5mm deep on the dash, and all the interior hard surfaces a few years ago.. The isopropyl alcohol got it off.. but i'm not reccomending that, spie... not for your car, that E30 of mine was a £1200 motor. lol. it'd probably be ok, IPA is fairly gentle but.. no. needs a professional job.

I agree with you that it would be extravagant for a private individual to buy Zymol.. But.. I'm a car enthusiast.. If one was to have, say, 6 cars.. and i could detail mate's cars for them... hmm.. Not that i've got £7000, or even 6 cars, but, yeah.. lol. If you were an enthusiast who had that many cars (got 3) and were that fastidious about the car's finish (i'm not)

But bear in mind my collection will eventually grow to that size, and i intend to have some classic vehicles, and perhaps something along the lines of your car (god, but do i love 911s) Hurm at some point could be worth considering, as it is the best of the best :D

Permabanned
Spie said:
I haven't posted interior pics because to be honest I'm not happy with the finish. The dealer's "valeter" sprayed some silicon based product here and there and they haven't been able to remove it. I'm currently trying to sort the problem out but it will almost certainly involve a full professional internal detail.
Does it really make it that much worse and does it come out in photo's?

Soldato
willd58 said:
Does it really make it that much worse and does it come out in photo's?

Yep. it puts this shiny, sticky stuff all over everything, which collects fibres and dust and looks absolutely horrible.. silicon based interior cleaners really are that bad - you wouldnt even want to use them on a £100 fiesta, let alone a £100k porsche

EDIT: Do consider a full internal detail for the porker, Spie.. one of my cars is a radically restored classic range rover (300TDI) - the absolute top of the range vogue SE - I spent, ooh, easily a fortnight cleaning, conditioning, polishing, just show-type prepping the car - The kind of work you'd do to a multi-billionaires car. It did not have one mark on it anywhere. Now, with a nice, fairly easy regular spruce up, it is still gorgeous, it just looks the mutt's nuts.

If you're doing it on the outside, where you can't see it when you are inside, you might as well do it on the inside, where you can appreciate it :D

Last edited:
Suspended
Just watched Top Gear episode, if it were my car I'd rip out rear seat, bit pointless really, didn't even appear to be 1" legroom.

Proabably a fair bit of weight saving. :)

Associate
It is faster than Spie's, but for most, it is a track car. Faster is sort of silly though as at these specs, should either meet one another on anything apart from a motorway and both drivers are even semi-competant, it will be a case of "you follow me"

Last edited:
Soldato
Just out of interest. What products did your Detailer use to clean the Glass work? Inside and out?

When I clean my missus Focus TDCi (Black) the glass (Windsheild, side windows and Mirrors) all look spanking. Then as you get closer I can see lots of imperfections on them.

I have tried useing the normal shampoo to wash car body work with, Windolene and various glass cleaners. Any tips on getting a smear and streak free windows? Inside and out.

Sorry to Hi-jack..:)

Soldato
It looks fantastic Spie, I also thinks its very reasonable, but most of all if thats what you want then go for it. Did matt say how long it should go between "Treatment"? (I think the best word for it) Also do you not like the person with the polo? You didn't blank out their number plate.

Aero

Soldato
looks great, in fact it looks brand new

oh, er hang on it is ............. :D

i was going to say, its a nearly new car anyway, did it need this treatment? it looked stunning when you first posted pictures of it shortly after you got the car...

would this treatment improve a brand new car or was the £400 spent to correct and buff 6 months use?

looks fab though :)

Back
Top Bottom