1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 pub smoking days left in the U.K.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stephen7372, 29 Mar 2007.

1. Stephen7372

PermaBanned

Last edited: 28 May 2007
  2. AJUK

Man of Honour

Can't wait to enjoy my pint without getting fumigated with foul smelling carcinogenic smoke. Woohoo, for the ban. \O/ :D

3. ElRazur

Capodecina

At last..... :)

4. platypus

Caporegime

93 days too long, but good to know its finally happening.

5. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

About bloody time!

6. clade

Hitman

not really looking forward to it as a smoker but it is a good thing,im giving up once they ban it in pubs MABEY! going to get hypnotised!

7. HEADRAT

Capodecina

Yay, no more coming home smelling like an ashtray!

Purely on a personal level I'm glad to see the ban but I have to say I have become used to smoking in bars/clubs/pubs etc and I do think some "exceptions" should have been made for these areas.

Having had a family member die (Grandfather) from smoking related disease "emphysema" I do think this is a good thing.

HEADRAT

8. calnen

Mobster

Hooray!

9. Will_3rd

Soldato

The ban comes in Wales on the 2nd April wohoo! :D

10. Mr_White

Soldato

I can't wait to be able to actually go in pubs enjoy and enjoy a nice meal out.

I got sick of every pub being full of smoke so I haven't really been to one for years, or eaten in one, which is a shame since pub dinners are nice.

Roll on july.

11. Windle

Capodecina

Wrong actually, not in the UK. Just England etc. We've been smoke free for a year now. Get with the times you sassenachs!

It's great btw, apart from having to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter buildings and seeing ciggy butts lying everwhere.

12. Will_3rd

Soldato

legend :cool:

13. JudgeC

Hitman

That is because our almost exclusively scottish government insists on treating the English like 2nd class citizens.

And to keep on topic - I am not a fervent anti-smoker, but I am certainly glad to get this law in place. Even if it has taken so long.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2007
  14. Duke

Man of Honour

Can't come soon enough.

15. Will_3rd

Soldato

what? there's like two :o

16. jas72

Capodecina

But you see it's not possible for them to put them in their pocket/packet until they get to a bin.

Start asking smokers why they litter the streets and where do they think the butts end up? I do this and they get pretty ratty which is great as they probably took a fag to calm their nerves and now they need another one after my questions :p

17. Lysander

Capodecina

Errr that counter is wrong - the ban comes into effect at 6am on the 1st July, not 1am.

18. HEADRAT

Capodecina

Remember if it wasn't for the money from the sassenachs South of the border you'd all be ****** ;)

HEADRAT

19. Ukadder

Wise Guy

Pubs could take the sensible option and install a wall mounted ash tray outside where people smoke thus reminding people to 1) not litter and 2) not to go inside smokeing.

20. SGCWill

Hitman

I could say the exact opposite - the only 2 people in my family to have died form cancer where the only people who stopped smoking.

Both at 47 years old. Everyone except my brother and dad smoke in our family, but we don't smoke inside the house or at restauraunts or pubs. I believe it is called 'self restraint'.

My granny's 87 years old and has been smoking since she was 16, at least 20 a day - her sister was the same and the doctor told her to quit. She died 1 week later from a heart attack.

I wouldn't mind a ban personally, but a lot of people seem to think it's going to help poor behaviour, but I would say it's the opposite, all these drunks smoking, and someone brushes past them and gets their good jacket burnt and next thing it's a free for all.

But good for non smoker bar staff anyway.