93 pub smoking days left in the U.K.

Soldato
Spawn said:
As for smokers being selfish??, non smokers can easily be called selfish *******'s as well....it works both ways...honestly i think the ban is a bit draconian but as i said it doesnt really bother me much tbh. I can live with it, its the non smokers of this world that always jump and make a big fuss about it..

Sorry mate, you simply don't have a leg to stand on. You smokers crack me up! :p

Soldato
Ukadder said:
Pubs could take the sensible option and install a wall mounted ash tray outside where people smoke thus reminding people to 1) not litter and 2) not to go inside smokeing.
They all do, doesn't stop people.
I was a smoker up until new year when i just upped and stopped. I much perfer it in pubs now, the smell of smoke makes me gag. I am pretty sure smokers smell even worse to people who have stopped than those who never started.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
nero120 said:
Sorry mate, you simply don't have a leg to stand on. You smokers crack me up! :p

I seem to recall you being particularly obnoxious towards smokers in all of these threads? Did your mum smoke when she was pregnant and you blame it for you turning out a whiny weakling?

Last edited:
Soldato
I always find it amazing when you ask "smokers" about fag butts, they never throw them on the floor and always put them in their pocket etc, yet go to anywhere where smokers have been and there are 1000's of fag butts.

Who put's them there the "Fag Butt Fairy", no doubt it the non smokers dropping them down the inside of the trouser like in the "Great Escape" just to make smokers look bad, honestly grow a spine and just say "yeah I'm the skanky whotsit that drops 'em"!.

HEADRAT

Last edited:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
How often do you go up to a smoker and interrogate them about their littering habits? Do you do the same thing with gum chewers or dog walkers?

edit: also, cig butt in the pocket? Who ever told you that was clearly winding you up.

Soldato
Tru said:
How often do you go up to a smoker and interrogate them about their littering habits? Do you do the same thing with gum chewers or dog walkers?

I don't have to interrogate anybody the bloody things are everywhere.

To be honest there is very little dog poo on the streets anymore, certainly where I live anyway.

Again another smokers "trick" is always to site somebody else is doing "x or y", your adults take some responsibilty, it's like listening to my five year old "but daddy he did"!

Tru said:
edit: also, cig butt in the pocket? Who ever told you that was clearly winding you up.

So what do you do with yours?

HEADRAT

Permabanned
SGCWill said:
I could say the exact opposite - the only 2 people in my family to have died form cancer where the only people who stopped smoking.
QUOTE]

The amount of times I have heard my grandad lived till he was etc. and smoked etc. a day, the fags he smoked had more tar but I dont think they had the levels of chemicals cigs have now.

Its not just a health reason, it stinks everything out, has effect on your taste buds and skin.

Windle said:
Wrong actually, not in the UK. Just England etc. We've been smoke free for a year now. Get with the times you sassenachs!

It's great btw, apart from having to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter buildings and seeing ciggy butts lying everwhere.

He was right, in 93 days you wont be allowed to smoke any where in the UK thus 93 days left to smoke in the UK. 93 days to a total ban on smoking in all UK pubs.

Soldato
Tru said:
I seem to recall you being particularly obnoxious towards smokers in all of these threads? Did your mum smoke when she was pregnant and you blame it for you turning out a whiny weakling?

LOL! Looks like I hit a nerve! Oh well. In a few months its kerb city for you! :p

Tru

Tru

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
I don't have to interrogate anybody the bloody things are everywhere.

To be honest there is very little dog poo on the streets anymore, certainly where I live anyway.

Again another smokers "trick" is always to site somebody else is doing "x or y", your adults take some responsibilty, it's like listening to my five year old "but daddy he did"!
I'm not citing anything. You suggested you ask smokers about fag butts, I wanted to know if your crusade was against litter in general or just smokers. But it turns out you don't actually ask smokers about fag butts at all.
HEADRAT said:
So what do you do with yours?
HEADRAT
I ping them into old ladies hats.
nero120 said:
LOL! Looks like I hit a nerve! Oh well. In a few months its kerb city for you! :p
I live in Scotland chief, we've been doing it for over a year.

Permabanned
Stupid ban to be honest. Non smokers have plenty of pubs they can go and moan about smokers all night in without having to mix with them.

I gave up smoking and although the first couple of times in the pub were difficult, I don't really care now. I know smoking is bad for me so I choose not to do it, it doesn't mean I want to stop everyone else though.

Soldato
Tru said:
I'm not citing anything. You suggested you ask smokers about fag butts, I wanted to know if your crusade was against litter in general or just smokers. But it turns out you don't actually ask smokers about fag butts at all.

I was using the Royal "we" ;)

When you ever hear smokers they never confess to dropping butts, it's always somebody else, yet there are 1000's of the things everywhere.

If as many people dropped litter as drop fag butts we'd be knee deep in litter

HEADRAT

Associate
I'd personally rather see a ban on all train station platforms, I'm fed up with people smoking right by the doors (so it wafts into the carriage) or blowing the smoke behind them (and therefore into my face), walking along the platform fag in hand, not smoking it but letting the smoke drift all over the place (why light it if you're not going to smoke it?) or those who have a fag in the mouth and then light up literally as they step onto the platform, thus letting everyone behind them also getting off the train receive a refreshing cloud of smoke.
:mad:

Soldato
Rob200sx said:
I'd personally rather see a ban on all train station platforms, I'm fed up with people smoking right by the doors (so it wafts into the carriage) or blowing the smoke behind them (and therefore into my face), walking along the platform fag in hand, not smoking it but letting the smoke drift all over the place (why light it if you're not going to smoke it?) or those who have a fag in the mouth and then light up literally as they step onto the platform, thus letting everyone behind them also getting off the train receive a refreshing cloud of smoke.
:mad:
It is basically banned in all indoor public areas, this includes train stations, bus shelters, public buildings and work places.

Back
Top Bottom