93 pub smoking days left in the U.K.

Soldato
The ban starts on my Birthday! So I am making sure my Birthday night out is on or after the 1st to ensure it is smoke free.

Anyone who has been to Scotland will know how great it is to wake up after a night out, hair not stinking and without coughing away.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
nero120 said:
Then no wonder you're so ratty, must be cold out. I'm sure you've never thrown a fag butt on the floor every day of your adult life have you?
I've done it hundreds of times and I don't see the major problem with it. The exorbitant tax I pay on them helps our government employ people to keep our streets clean.

Soldato
Wicksta said:
Stupid ban to be honest. Non smokers have plenty of pubs they can go and moan about smokers all night in without having to mix with them.

I gave up smoking and although the first couple of times in the pub were difficult, I don't really care now. I know smoking is bad for me so I choose not to do it, it doesn't mean I want to stop everyone else though.

I certainly don't know ANY pubs in my town that are non smoking.

Can't wait till the 1st July tbh. The smell of my clothes after a night out is disgusting due to smokers. Will be nice to smell fresh in the morning :)

Capodecina
Soldato
Tru said:
I've done it hundreds of times and I don't see the major problem with it. The exorbitant tax I pay on them helps our government employ people to keep our streets clean.

Another perfect example of a smoker explaining away their actions!! :p

Soldato
The ban has been a very good thing in Scotland, even most of the people who were soooooo against it have turned around on the subject. If you really want to smoke, going outside isn't that big a hassle. I know a fair few people who quit once the ban came into effect.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
I was using the Royal "we" ;)

When you ever hear smokers they never confess to dropping butts, it's always somebody else, yet there are 1000's of the things everywhere.

If as many people dropped litter as drop fag butts we'd be knee deep in litter

HEADRAT
But fag butts are tiny and are designed to roll into the gutter. The two are incomparable.

Soldato
Lysander said:
Another perfect example of a smoker explaining away their actions!! :p

Indeed, when it's quite obvious that nobody picks 'em up but obviously it's there god given right to drop them due to the amount of tax they pay :rolleyes: :D

You've got to love that logic!

Tru said:
But fag butts are tiny and are designed to roll into the gutter. The two are incomparable.

LOL, designed to "roll into the gutter", tell me another one ;) They obviously need to be redesigned as whenever I see them they are squashed to the floor with lots of others!

HEADERAT

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
Again another smokers "trick" is always to site somebody else is doing "x or y", your adults take some responsibilty, it's like listening to my five year old "but daddy he did"!

Tru said:
The same way that drivers try to justify polluting the planet and our lungs. ;)

Can't remember the last time I saw a car parked in the local pub with all it's mates standing at the bar :D

HEADRAT

Last edited:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Psycrow said:
The ban has been a very good thing in Scotland, even most of the people who were soooooo against it have turned around on the subject. If you really want to smoke, going outside isn't that big a hassle. I know a fair few people who quit once the ban came into effect.

You're right it's not a big hassle to walk outside, us smokers are a hardy bunch and 5 minutes outside isn't going to hurt. :p The only smokers I know who still complain are the old buggers who just love something to greet about.

I've enjoyed my smoking much more since the ban came in, sure it was a pain in the arse putting my jacket on to smoke in the winter but over all it's been a blessing.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
Ah here's another example, of it's OK for my to do "X" because you do "Y", how many smokers don't drive cars then because they smoke!

Can't remember the last time I saw a car parked in the local pub with all it's mates standing at the bar :D

HEADRAT

Smokers play by the same rules as everyone else, people justify the things they do by drawing examples, that's how it works! Just because a minority of the population find smoking socially unacceptable, doesn't mean we can't justify it in any way we please.

edit: How do you justify taking your gas guzzlers out for a hoon? Why should you deplete our finite resources and poison our children just because you fancy putting a smile on your face? eh?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Why can't pub/club owners just choose whether their establishment is smoking or not, if anyone doesn't want to work in a smoking environment then they won't apply for a job there & if anyone is repulsed by smoking they won't go there, simple really.
I can choose the smoking rules in my house why can't landlords choose the rules in theirs?

Tru

Tru

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
Why can't pub/club owners just choose whether their establishment is smoking or not, if anyone doesn't want to work in a smoking environment then they won't apply for a job there & if anyone is repulsed by smoking they won't go there, simple really.
I can choose the smoking rules in my house why can't landlords choose the rules in theirs?
A good question. I help manage a social club, we have a members only bar where 85% of the punters smoke so we're looking at ways around it. There's a hotshot in Edinburgh who thinks there's a loophole but it's early days. Makes sense though.

Permabanned
another freedom taken away.

how long until they tell you how much is enough to drink!

"Hi can i have a pint of larger mate"

" no I'm sorry you have had your goverment allocated quota, how about a coke?"

You wont be laughing then will you!

Ps. I am an X smoker

Permabanned
no the endless drunken violence doesn't bother anyone does it, doesn't waste police/hospital resources does it?

get real this will happen !

Permabanned
naffa said:
Ahhh.. Cannot wait for this. Going out to see Snappa play a local pub and not coming back reeking of smoke. :D :D :D :D :D

that local pub will probably shut due to lack of customers or if your lucky turn to a foody pub and then there will be no room for the live music.

Man of Honour
naffa said:
Ahhh.. Cannot wait for this. Going out to see Snappa play a local pub and coming back not reeking of smoke. :D :D
You obviously don't like cigarette smoke so would it bother you if Snappa played 2 gigs on different days, 1 for smokers & 1 for non-smokers?:)

Soldato
porkrind said:
that local pub will probably shut due to lack of customers or if your lucky turn to a foody pub and then there will be no room for the live music.
I doubt it.
JohnnyG said:
You obviously don't like cigarette smoke so would it bother you if Snappa played 2 gigs on different days, 1 for smokers & 1 for non-smokers?:)
That would be fine for me, but not for the band or the pub.

Back
Top Bottom