9yr old attacked because her daddy is a cop

Soldato
Thats crazy, as the guy quite rightly said, some police let it go to their head, but even then, why target their family? his daughter has no baring on what her dad does.

Just goes to show you that today, you can get away with almost any crime.

And yet, some of my generation (I'm 24) and I say some as it was my understanding that the August Riots involved a lot of 20 somethings, some of my generation feel guilty about accidently not paying for an item of shopping, or adding that extra sweet to the 10p mix lol.

Throw people in the stocks and allow them to get what they deserve from the general public. where's it's being spat on themselves, or tortured, I can tell you, the fear of being put in the stocks in the city centre for a few days having to **** in public as well as being subjected to the public taughts and embarrassment would be enough to be most people off crime

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm always wary of news that comes from blogs. It's invariably half a story, through a pig's eye....

However this does appear to be yet another symptom of the inept justice system ruined by decades of abuse by politicians who are only concerned with sound bites and Daily Mail headlines.

The most depressing thing I heard was that they'd abandoned a trial on GPS on tags, because there were so many people breaking their curfews they couldn't control it. Thankfully that turned out to be untrue.

We don't need ridiculous punishments, stocks and all that sort of nonsense. We just need to follow through on things properly and stop virtually everything falling through the cracks. For every anecdote about not needing to stick to a curfew or do community service etc it just encourages the element in our society who can't choose between law abiding and breaking the law.

Man of Honour
Even when stealing more than 12p was a hanging offence(*), crime was still more common than it is today.

* Granted, 12p was a lot more then that it is now, but in modern terms it would definitely make stealing a high-end phone a hanging offence.

Actually is was six shilling, which after decimalization was 30p. And strictly it was stealing a single item worth six shillings or more, which reveals the reason for it: since only rich people could afford something that expensive then it was to protect the rich from the poor. I'll refrain from any obvious remarks. But you are correct that it had little to no deterrent effect.

M

Soldato
Devil's Advocate : Would it not be to protect the poor from being hanged if it was inexpensive stuff like food that they were stealing? As some kind of differential between someone being desperate and stealing food/clothes, and someone being calculated and stealing valuables in order to fence?

Soldato
I thiink there are far more acts of kindness that happen every day than stabbings tbh.

This tbh, and you can replace stabbings with any crime.

The modern 24hr media reporting in a sensationalist way and mainly reporting just the bad events have given society a warped perception to risk and crime.

Soldato
This tbh, and you can replace stabbings with any crime.

The modern 24hr media reporting in a sensationalist way and mainly reporting just the bad events have given society a warped perception to risk and crime.

It's not just the media... we all love to hate a story like this. There have been a number of stories that gathered speed on Facebook that are fictional, or very distant from the facts, because people love spreading nasty rumours.

The effect is that everybody thinks society is headed down the toilet, and young impressionable people who are choosing between breaking the law and not breaking the law get a slanted view of what the consequences of their actions are.

Soldato
But the way I see it, youths of the UK today are influenced heavily by the culture of american gang, gun and knife crime that seems to have replicated itself here. Before we know it, it's going to spiral out of control and be as bad if not worse than the pre 20th century britain you refer to. And where is the deterrent? Prison? No, they don't really care. Discipline at school? Lol there's no such thing anymore. Teachers have very little control now and in the event of a trouble making kid needing to be expelled or punished in some other manner, uneducated useless parents side with their little billy instead of backing the school, more than likely threatening the teachers with physical violence.

Well said.

Soldato
The effect is that everybody thinks society is headed down the toilet, and young impressionable people who are choosing between breaking the law and not breaking the law get a slanted view of what the consequences of their actions are.

Peoples actions within society are determined by many complex factors, but I don't really ascribe to the view that tougher punishments are what keep people in line.

Soldato
Nor do I - I said so above. The problem is not that we need tougher punishments. The problem is we need to properly enforce them, and ensure that the perception is they are properly enforced. The perception now is that nothing happens.

Soldato
It's not uncommon. I got picked on quite a bit at school when the other kids found out my dad was in the police.

Heh, for years here most police men stated their occupation as lorry driver, as did their families. Certainly to anyone they didn't know. Self-preservation wins out.

Scum like this are all that is wrong with our society. Assault on a 9 year old girl, which is what it was, should have been met with stronger sentence than a fine which he doesn't have to pay due to claiming benefits.

Soldato
Unfortunately harsh penalties are not a deterrent. Have a look at America, where prisons are terrifying. It is all about reform, it may seem too liberal for people but it has been proven to work. If you lock someone up in decent conditions, teach them a trade then they are much less likely to reoffend.

Soldato
which he doesn't have to pay due to claiming benefits.

Confused. The fine comes out of the weasels benefits. He will be out of pocket.

Jesus Christ!!! what happened in 1995???
No idea. I was going to suggest reclassification of sorts, but it appears that the USA had peak crime rates in 1995 also.

Was that not the year OJ got off with the gloves not fitting?

Permabanned
Theres a huge difference between a Police Officer and a Police man,one is created regarding Policy and Statutes which is NOT law,One is created by Law to protect and Serve the public.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Strange how "proper" criminals treat the Police with Respect & are treated well even when being arrested where as the modern day Youth type thug acts like a retard.

Real shame the little girl was subjected to that. :(
**** poor sentencing once again.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Theres a huge difference between a Police Officer and a Police man,one is created regarding Policy and Statutes which is NOT law,One is created by Law to protect and Serve the public.

Have you been reading freeman rubbish by any chance?

Soldato
Truly disgusting... I guess him being an officer he couldn't just smack the yob.

I guess if he wasn't then he would have, and I guess most people would too.

Soldato
I'm surprised the guy managed to restrain himself from smashing the kids face in against the pavement if im honest. It's just disgusting what some people think they can get away with.

Back
Top Bottom