A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
It won't show the res as an option, it should just play at that res despite the video options page saying otherwise. You must load from that shortcut, if you load from the start menu or the autorun menu it won't run in the custom resolution.

Id agree apart from the shortcut stipulation, I hate shortcuts; they are the computer equivalent of a fag butt IMO.;) Dont need them.

Soldato
Right I finally fired up vanilla BF2 after a 15 month break (I did install it earlier than that, but only played PRM mod). It sure as hell still fun, but unfortunately still seems to be full of tools, I thought they would all follow 2142 (or whatever it's called). Still some minor problems, like rockets flying through cars at close distance and some questionable hit zones, but nonetheless still fun. A little question, is there still no way to disarm your own claymores? I've tried shooting at them, grenading them, tea bagging them and nothing works.

Soldato
:confused: You've been able to disarm claymores for ages. Engineers wrench can do it , just have to come from behind so they don't explode , then disarm as you would a mine.

Soldato
@ neoboy.
Get yourself on Infantry only mate it is Superb.

Aye Ive seen a few infantry only servers, those are well fun, no more tanks that are surrounded by supply drops shooting into distance hoping they hit something. Although, sometimes I do miss the bog standard jeeps, when you stuck somewhere well too far away on Mashtur.

Got to say though I aint too fond of that Jalalabad map (I did play with vehicles), but then again thats probably because I only had 2 rounds on it. I think I will check out 50k servers again if they are around.

I just wish people were as tactically minded in vanilla as in PRM.

EDIT:

Have there been any changes to how L85A1 and PKM handle or their damage? PKM feels less beefy and L85 feels less accurate to me or am I just out of practice?

Last edited:
Soldato
oh right , can't do that :(. I should read better next time. If I remember right , dice said that were adding that in a patch , but it never came :( , just like fixing the red tag bug never came :(.

Soldato
Just had a good game on 50K server (apart from me getting a bit overenthusiastic with my rifle when commanding :p). Got myself a shiny good conduct medal too. Just wish there were a few more people playing on the server.

Associate
Been banned from yet another ******* server! :mad:

First one was yesterday when I got kicked, Some EA UK Wake server, went to get a jet, got in one straight away but oh no, someone decides to blow me up with an Eryx. Spawn again, get blown up with an Eryx again. 3rd time I spawn there were only a few people left on the carrier, got into a jet AGAIN only to get M95'd out. Now I wouldn't have minded if he was actually any good, 2 seconds later "so-in-so is no more" yeh, he crashed into the sea :rolleyes:

Spawn on the carrier AGAIN, get in the chopper this time, get sniped out of that twice, getting fed up now I spawn again, get arty dropped on the carrier by our OWN commander, twice. After that I had enough, sniped 2 people out of the jet and get kicked?

Next one, another Wake one. pretty much the same thing happened, although it was only the chopper pilots this time. Get banned after I TK 1 person. When I was 0 kills 4 deaths, all team kills.

Last one, [m2s] Dalian, went on with sharpshot, got in a chopper with one of the [m2s] clan,didn't go too bad first off but he seemed to get worse at flying as the round went on :confused: Hover capping a flag while I was spotting out a chopper that was shooting us, he didn't even move, just stayed hover capping the flag. Got killed and I asked wtf he was doing, he goes "You have 30 kills now stfu" errr ok.

Next round sharpie commented on the round start time (Like 60 seconds or something stupid) same guy goes "if you don't like it **** off" Then 10 mins later one of the admin types !b #pr0* we don't want your kind here. something like that (There were 3 of us with #pr0* tags on)

****** me right off when people abuse their admin on servers, especially vehicle servers. Gonna get expert chopper out of the way then stick to inf only servers I think. *sigh*

Associate
Been banned from yet another ******* server! :mad:

First one was yesterday when I got kicked, Some EA UK Wake server, went to get a jet, got in one straight away but oh no, someone decides to blow me up with an Eryx. Spawn again, get blown up with an Eryx again. 3rd time I spawn there were only a few people left on the carrier, got into a jet AGAIN only to get M95'd out. Now I wouldn't have minded if he was actually any good, 2 seconds later "so-in-so is no more" yeh, he crashed into the sea :rolleyes:

Spawn on the carrier AGAIN, get in the chopper this time, get sniped out of that twice, getting fed up now I spawn again, get arty dropped on the carrier by our OWN commander, twice. After that I had enough, sniped 2 people out of the jet and get kicked?

Next one, another Wake one. pretty much the same thing happened, although it was only the chopper pilots this time. Get banned after I TK 1 person. When I was 0 kills 4 deaths, all team kills.

Last one, [m2s] Dalian, went on with sharpshot, got in a chopper with one of the [m2s] clan,didn't go too bad first off but he seemed to get worse at flying as the round went on :confused: Hover capping a flag while I was spotting out a chopper that was shooting us, he didn't even move, just stayed hover capping the flag. Got killed and I asked wtf he was doing, he goes "You have 30 kills now stfu" errr ok.

Next round sharpie commented on the round start time (Like 60 seconds or something stupid) same guy goes "if you don't like it **** off" Then 10 mins later one of the admin types !b #pr0* we don't want your kind here. something like that (There were 3 of us with #pr0* tags on)

****** me right off when people abuse their admin on servers, especially vehicle servers. Gonna get expert chopper out of the way then stick to inf only servers I think. *sigh*

Ah yes, the joys of flying.
I tend to play a lot of ghost town these days see a few RD's in the max carnage server its good fun but there is always someone camping the chopper spawns with anti air :(

Associate
Since i crash out all the god damn time, right, i am starting to get sick of seeing EA and then the dice logo followed by the intro...and then the login..
If i auto login through adding some extra stuff to the location of my short cut can i stop it from showing me all that crap?

This is my usuall so what and where would i stick the extra bit to make me skip all the crap?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack BF2.ex +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200 +ignoreAsserts 1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack BF2.ex +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200 +ignoreAsserts 1

And anyone any ideas how to fix punkbusters empty win32 module list thing? thats really getting on my nerves, i have reinstalled about 5 times today, i almost know my serial key off by heart.
I wanted to play the game at about 7 its now half 10 and the longest i have played for is 5 minutes.

Associate
Since i crash out all the god damn time, right, i am starting to get sick of seeing EA and then the dice logo followed by the intro...and then the login..
If i auto login through adding some extra stuff to the location of my short cut can i stop it from showing me all that crap?

This is my usuall so what and where would i stick the extra bit to make me skip all the crap?

And anyone any ideas how to fix punkbusters empty win32 module list thing? thats really getting on my nerves, i have reinstalled about 5 times today, i almost know my serial key off by heart.
I wanted to play the game at about 7 its now half 10 and the longest i have played for is 5 minutes.

You can just delete those videos, I don't remember where they are or what they are called. I'd normally google it for you but I can't be bothered atm. I think there bink format.

As for PB, who knows. Don't bother reinstalling BF, it might be a software conflict. Maybe spyware (I used to have that prob), some software you have running in the background. Every ones BF2 installation is their own personal journey.

Associate
Yeah, i removed the videos but that only works on the normal BF2 and not SF :(
I kill everything when i play BF2 just wont play nice with anything else :(
I will check for spyware etc thanks for the tip.

Soldato
Every ones BF2 installation is their own personal journey.

That be the truth.
Go to evenbalance and get pbsetup.exe update and manually update stuff there.
Do a good spyware sweep with a few progs if you can. a-squared, spybot, adaware etc
Make sure your firewall is not interfering.

After that, not sure. Check some other bf2 forums maybe.

Back
Top Bottom