A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
It called balancing, they nerf peoples skills only because its easier to nerf than to beef up everyone else's skills to compensate. You always get people moaning when their little tactic is patched.

The designers dont nerf people for no reason, if ** nerfed it means that the tactic was becoming annoying for everyone else. Be thankful that this is a straight FPS and not a skill/class based RPG; then u really stand to lose if u spent x amount of time into something which gets nerfed.

Associate
IamMed said:
u get what ever u have already, so if u were ranked sergeant and had 2 unlocks already, then you would get another 2 unlocks

So at the moment I'm Gunnery Sarg and I have 10 unlocks. Someone has already used my account on SF to get more unlocks, can I still get more unlocks?

Soldato
Siders77 said:
So at the moment I'm Gunnery Sarg and I have 10 unlocks. Someone has already used my account on SF to get more unlocks, can I still get more unlocks?
I think u get an extra unlock when u qualify for a normal unlock after u r sf patched.

Associate
Siders77 said:

Log into www.bf2s.com and you can see the weapons you have already unlocked, and the ones that are still unlocked.

Caporegime
megatron said:
It called balancing, they nerf peoples skills only because its easier to nerf than to beef up everyone else's skills to compensate. You always get people moaning when their little tactic is patched.

The designers dont nerf people for no reason, if ** nerfed it means that the tactic was becoming annoying for everyone else. Be thankful that this is a straight FPS and not a skill/class based RPG; then u really stand to lose if u spent x amount of time into something which gets nerfed.

Very true, i think this is one of the things i hate most about pc gaming, anytime a new game comes out that gets popular there seems to be a small group of people that are dedicated to finding out some little bug or exploit they can whore out to make the game annoying for others.

One thing that gets on my **** about games like BF2 is people seem unable to play infantry class and fire without constantly diving prone, its like they have fire and prone bound to the same button, doesn't matter what range theyre at 2 inches from yer face or a few hundred metres, first thing they do is dive prone. :rolleyes: Id love to see the proning system be slowed down to the speed its like in dod source, maybe then infantry combat wouldn't revolve around seeing whos face can hit the ground first. :rolleyes:

Associate
Siders77 said:
http://bf2s.com/player/65580708/

I think I expained that wrong, if someone uses my account on SF can I still get more unlocks? E.G At the moment I have 2 unlocks every time I go up a rank, can I get any more unlocks for each time I go up a rank?

you won't have any more unlocks until 20 000 then you should get one for vanilla and one for special forces. After that you will have to wait till 50 000 for the last 2 unlocks.

Soldato
Its habit for a lot of people, when you've played for 500+hrs you tend to do the same thing without even thinking, like proning when u bump into someone.

Soldato
Yeah it is a habit, I noticed that I been doing it myself instinctively too. It's pretty much instant and you get a big accuracy boost so why not. I usually just crouch at close range though.

Caporegime
neoboy said:
It's pretty much instant and you get a big accuracy boost so why not.

Therein lies the problem, something thats as fast as it is and givin you a big boost in accuracey comes off as pretty cheesy, imo the proning animation needs to be slowed down a lot more than it curently is. Maybe then infantry battles won't look so retarded.

Bf developers always say the games based on paper rock scissors, so if you want a big accuracey boost go prone but the downside should be it takes time to go prone, not .12 of a second like it is now.

Associate
icyshore said:
you won't have any more unlocks until 20 000 then you should get one for vanilla and one for special forces. After that you will have to wait till 50 000 for the last 2 unlocks.

Yep, Iam about to reach 50k (swear its been like that for a month now) and have the normal 1 unlock left waiting. If you have SF then its two, because you have the SF unlock also.
I dont think any of the other addons operate in a similar way, SF was more expensive I think.

Icy, I was cheeky and sent you another request. apologies :o :D

Soldato
Well it all depends what weapons you have of course. If I'm carrying a shotty, you dont go prone, you run and shoot, as there's no real advantage of shot deviation from standing, crouched or prone.

Soldato
Was playing SF last night (been ages since i last played it) was on warlord and was defending the tv station? as a sniper, for some reason the same grp of ppl kept attacking in the exact same loaction, i soon racked up my 20+ kills for my Vet xplosives badge :D . Question is why did they keep doing it, if that happened to me id just leave the flag alone.
We did lose the flag once or twice but the didnt have their clyamores set right so i zipped from the adjancent buliding straight in and recaptured it.

Soldato
R0551 said:
You've been kicked 133 times :eek: and banned 7, jeysus :eek:
in the early days, it was bad news to drive anything or use arty because of the TK's situation, some servers have auto-kicks and some auto-kickbans.

i myself was capping a flag and a team heli come down to gain a 'single point', clipped my tank, killed us all (me and 3 others) and i got auto-kickbanned!
another time my squad got into a boat, i took the boat onto a beach and as people got out they got crushed by the boat (which was static on the beach), i got auto-kicked but not banned that time.

the other time i was banned i was on mulitplay computerworld.. the 4 admins banned pretty much the whole of the opposing team, or perhaps them all? there was me and two people left on the MEC at the time i was kickbanned. the side's where even ect.. it was purly down to them being bad losers.

7 bans in close to 1000 hours means nothing..

Permabanned
I guess this is the correct place to ask this, rather than start a new BF2 thread!

Right, as anyone being experiencing server disconnects recently with the error "There is a problem with your connection' box popping up? I can't figure this out because my connection works just fine after I've closed BF2 down. For instance, I can instantly fire BF2 up again and get on-line without touching my connection at all.

It happens at random times too, earlier I had a damn good 2 hour session and than blam, connection problem. Whereas yesterday it occured instantly as soon I'd chosen a class and entered the fray.

Could this be related to the latest 1.3 patch, or is it just me?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom