A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
I posted on here about 3 days ago on this thread and no one answered me.

I have been playing BF2 since Nov 05 and always pretty much played on 50K servers,

Now they have vanished from my favourites within the game, are they still up, i did a server search for 50k which is normally with multiplayer 50k but i cannot find them

anyone tell me where they have gone and why perhaps i cannot find them ?

cheers

Soldato
Cheers for the game last night minstadave, V2 and all the others. I started off good on Karkand, but got changed to the MEC when we was winning and I just lost interest in that round so went for a dump :p

Played abit more later on mashtuur, good round had :)

I'll be on tonight, but not till about 9-ish.

Later.

Associate
Magic_x_uk said:
I posted on here about 3 days ago on this thread and no one answered me.

I have been playing BF2 since Nov 05 and always pretty much played on 50K servers,

Now they have vanished from my favourites within the game, are they still up, i did a server search for 50k which is normally with multiplayer 50k but i cannot find them

anyone tell me where they have gone and why perhaps i cannot find them ?

cheers

Its down to the shoddy game browser. You were on our 'Charlie' Karkand server earlier so i assume you managed to find them? If not the IP's are all on the homepage of the site on the right hand side, Malc gave the address.

Your the guy that sounds like chappers right? :D

Associate
Hi Guys,
i had a little chat with some of you on Xfire last night, mainly Goredwings.
I am out tonight so can not play.
Though i will be around at the weekend.
who is up for a fight then ! ! ! !
Also who has got a mic to use on squad speak ? ? ? ?

I use a plantronics DSP head set, must say it is a very good head set.
One bit of complaint about it though, in order to use it you have to down load a little plantronics soft ware in order to use the USB headset. no where on the box or instructions does it mention you need a 3rd party software to use the headset. so if you buy any USB headsets, beware you we need some sort of software to run it.

Chat soon guys & dolls

T

Associate
Tysonator said:
I use a plantronics DSP head set, must say it is a very good head set.
One bit of complaint about it though, in order to use it you have to down load a little plantronics soft ware in order to use the USB headset. no where on the box or instructions does it mention you need a 3rd party software to use the headset. so if you buy any USB headsets, beware you we need some sort of software to run it.

Chat soon guys & dolls

T

I have a USB Headset that came free with the PS2 Game SOCOM: US Navy Seals. It only has one ear piece and the mic, so i use my speakers for sound and just use the Mic, though if i have Teamspeak on i have that piped through the headset ear piece as well as the game sound through the speakers.

No software required, plugged it in, selected it as my sound input device in Windows Control panel and that was it. Mind you, it is a Logitech one, so its probably more plug and play than most.

Associate
Deliverance said:
I have a USB Headset that came free with the PS2 Game SOCOM: US Navy Seals. It only has one ear piece and the mic, so i use my speakers for sound and just use the Mic, though if i have Teamspeak on i have that piped through the headset ear piece as well as the game sound through the speakers.

No software required, plugged it in, selected it as my sound input device in Windows Control panel and that was it. Mind you, it is a Logitech one, so its probably more plug and play than most.

What I can use that? My brother has that game. I can't believe I never thought of it. So I can just use the mic bit. Do I have to plug it into my xfi mic in input I assume.

Gonna see if I can get this too work.

Is it easier playing with headsets? I doubt it will help me when I am getting owned by the likes of minstadave ;) :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
GoRedwings19 said:
What I can use that? My brother has that game. I can't believe I never thought of it. So I can just use the mic bit. Do I have to plug it into my xfi mic in input I assume.

Gonna see if I can get this too work

If its USB just plug it into the USB port and windows will recognise it, you don't have to plug anything into your XFi

Associate
GoRedwings19 said:

Gonna see if I can get this too work.

Is it easier playing with headsets? I doubt it will help me when I am getting owned by the likes of minstadave ;) :)

USB my freind, its Logitech, so its pretty much as plug and play as it gets, even tho it was designed for a PS2. You have to go into your sound options and set the recording device as the headset, and maybe tweak the recording volume, but you can do that by testing it with windows sound recorder.

Beyond that, nothing else is needed.

Associate
GoRedwings19 said:
Also I partnered with the member [OCUK]Romeo_kilo last night. I have no idea who that is but he/she was great at looking after me and helping me revive.

That would be me :D

I kept you alive, You kept me stocked up on ammo!

Enjoyed it last night. Will try to get on later for a few hours.

Associate
G00SE said:
That would be me :D

I kept you alive, You kept me stocked up on ammo!

Enjoyed it last night. Will try to get on later for a few hours.

Hey thanks dude, What's your xfire name so that I can add you. Going to try and get on the 64man karkland only superserver.

Going to see if I can get on for about 7pmish.

I like that server a lot. But it keeps resetting but once the round gets going and is stable it's intense as hell.

So when you use the mic option who hears you? Your squad members or everyone?

If you are a commander then everyone on your side will hear you?

If you want to get together for some squad action (looks dodgy in type) thhen use xfire to connect to the same server. Quite a few OCUK bf2 players will be there hopefully.

Last edited:
Associate
Minstadave said:
I wondered who that was :D You killed me more than a few times iirc :D

Errr...no. you kept killing me!! :D

Was on the same side at first but i reconnected cos i had no weapon unlocks! Then i ended up on other team :(

GoRedwings19 said:
Hey thanks dude, What's your xfire name so that I can add you

No problem. Teamwork is much more fun than going it alone :) X-fire is G00SE

Associate
G00SE said:
Errr...no. you kept killing me!! :D

Was on the same side at first but i reconnected cos i had no weapon unlocks! Then i ended up on other team :(

No problem. Teamwork is much more fun than going it alone :) X-fire is G00SE

I am having trouble inviting you is that zeros in your xfire name?

Associate
GoRedwings19 said:
I am having trouble inviting you is that zeros in your xfire name?
Yes. i'll invite you if ya want. My X-fire may not be G00SE. But something similar, I'll go check!!

EDIT: My X-fire username is romeokilo. I'm an idiot^

Last edited:
Associate
G00SE said:
Yes. i'll invite you if ya want. My X-fire may not be G00SE. But something similar, I'll go check!!

EDIT: My X-fire username is romeokilo. I'm an idiot^

Oh oh I just invited someone called Goose then.... :)

I should be on within the next half hour or so.

Let's squad up, soldiers.

I said "SIR, YESSIR" :)

We are waiting at the 50klicks karkland empty server. It should fill up as more people come in. Well I hope it does ;)

Scrap that we just got all crashed out, thanks a lot 1.3 patch :(

Last edited:
Associate
GoRedwings19 said:
We are waiting at the 50klicks karkland empty server. It should fill up as more people come in. Well I hope it does ;)

Scrap that we just got all crashed out, thanks a lot 1.3 patch :(

Apologies about that, its was the city maps btw not our karkand server. But yer, u can thank 1.3 for that, used to be our most popular server, which is now its down fall with all the people connecting & discconnecting the frequency of crashes on it is far higher than the other 2 servers.

Suspended
anyone any tips for lowering the ping on BF2??

Sometimes the majority of servers will be between 40-110, sometimes, like today, are at the lowest 220!

Ive got nothing else running on the network or my PC.

Any suggestions to what the problem may be or suggestions on trying to increase performance??

Associate
MNuTz said:
anyone any tips for lowering the ping on BF2??

Sometimes the majority of servers will be between 40-110, sometimes, like today, are at the lowest 220!

Ive got nothing else running on the network or my PC.

Any suggestions to what the problem may be or suggestions on trying to increase performance??

Are you sure your getting British/European servers (assuming thats where you from)

Also, are you on Wifi, and whats your connections speed?

Back
Top Bottom