A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
Well after a long break from the game I have just got back into BF2 in a big way. I have had the game since release but have not played it too much and wonder why now.

I totally blame the purchase of the 360 as that has absorbed most of my time :D

Well have only 200 or so points to get before I reach my next rank of Gunnary Sergent so Hopefully will get it tonight after I finish work. :D

I don't know about everyone else but I have had so much more fun playing with people that I know, it is so much better when your in a squad and you work as a team and my scoring averages have gone through the roof. :D

Soldato
Hi all, another few questions need answering for Mr. Noob over here :D.

1. I've just got my first rank+ but how do I unlock a new wep?

2. Is the weapon unlock useable on all sides or justthe side you unlock it on?

Caporegime
DanTheMan said:

I think you have to go up a couple of ranks before the first weapon unlock, and you can use unlocks on either side. :)

Associate
DanTheMan said:

You'll know when you can unlock a weapon. When the game boots you'll be presented with an unlock slection screen.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
iBot said:
i cant see an ip :(

Reaches keys from the floor whilst wetting myself to type this :p

Nice going Deliv. :D

I still haven't got my ******* pistol badge although i am stabbing people all over the place. Yesterday i done six in a row on my belly whilst capping. I was stoked but laughed so much i got battered :p
**** I LOVE THIS GAME.

Associate
Deliverance said:
I recognise your name though.

That doesn;t sound to good. It was an accident, Honest Guv'nor!

Jacob334>i don;t know why you agree with that insane 200 person. He's a sneaky so and so. He just camps waiting for people to pass them by and takes them out with sniper rifles.

The other day I was minding my own business doing some gardening by the bridge on karkland and BAM next thing I know it I have been killed by him snipering. Him and his mate.

And let's not even get into when he is commander either. Every artillery strike he launches hits me. But what about the other players. No they could be standing right next to me and it misses them, unbelievable.

Funny thing is I don;t know what I have done to deserve this treatment. i have never noob tubed him. Never C4 him or even nade spam him. But for some reason he has it in for me :)

Also i have tried using the noob tube over the weekend. I can't use it. Maybe I am not good enough to use it and therefore I am lesser than noobs that use it :confused:

Associate
GoRedwings19 said:
Jacob334>i don;t know why you agree with that insane 200 person. He's a sneaky so and so. He just camps waiting for people to pass them by and takes them out with sniper rifles.

the only thing i agreed with was nade spammers, they are annoying.. but bunny hoppers are annoying too! I find that a lot of people dont know what bunny hopping is tho, they think jumping around a corner is bunny hopping.. they think jumping atall is bunny hopping. Hell if they push space once nowadays your suddenly a bunny hopper :/

EDIT:
now i did write bunny hopping is a tactic but im changing this to 'Jumping' is a tactic and to be quite honest when someone does it againest me its not helping them, infact it makes it easier sometimes.. when someone starts to jump and shoot you dont prone too quikcly because it makes it easier for them, so let them jump and then own them.

most annoying thing is bf2 is claymore anyway, all these snipers that will say 'its to cover my back' 'its a defencive tool' yeah whatever, the only time that sentence is true is when you put them on a ladder and your on a roof (Because thats were you MEANT to be, either that or on a hill) not standing infront of me in the ally and just throw claymore in my face! Or even better is to get some good ganateed kills put them on the flag! sometimes its impossible to take a flag without dieing, at the tops of stairs say ar market on karkand or jalalbad, its all the same.. just more ganateed kills. (Very lame tho) Thats the most annoying thing..

oh and another thing that makes me laugh is when you see a dumb sniper running down the road and he sees your gunna kill him, so he quickly gets his claymores on (normally bunny hopping at this time) and just throws them down asap! amazingly lame these people..

Last edited:
Soldato
easy way to get your pistol badge malc is to snipe, 1 hit with rifle then tap pistol and fire immediately equals dead enemy, this simple tac can easily get your pistol kills up.

and for the record claymores are fekin great , love placing them before corners or next to flags and watching dumb enemies run straight into them !bOOM!
oops, what i meant to say was i use claymores with extreme tactical placement to protect my position, ahhh great fun .

Associate
If im being chased by an enemy and i run round the corner of the building i turn round, lay the claymore, step back a few feet and just sit there to wait for him to come round the corner.

Thats what claymores are for, covering your back defensively. I hate the clowns who just run round chucking them at the enemy, but if im being chased and i can lay one as an ambush for my pursuer, thats a perfectly legitimate, and vaguely intelligent thing to do.

Associate
Uggh Iwa just playing on a server. What a nightmare. The whole team rushed to the square point. While a whole bunch of apc and tank ploughed right through them and onto the factory straight away.

Then as they proceeded to knock out every bit of arty, scanner and uav. But what reallly wound me up was while the whole team was reduced to one spawn point.

A player on the other side was just wandering around. I told him to cap a flag so that we could respawn.

Nope he just wandered by. I was spitting blood.

But not as good as the Jalabad map. I went with a whole squad to defend the outpost. A new player got in the tank there and just sat there while the whole sqaud got wiped out two or three times over. Then when another tank came from the main base to the putpost then he/she decided to move.

I gave them a mouthful as well.

He was sitting in armour but needed back up against infantry? I thought the game wound me up with it bugs and stuff. But people who don;t use teamwork pushes my button more than any crash or red bug.

I mean squad leaders who sit in tank gun turrets so we can;t spawn in on them.

Teamkilling for vehicles and stuff.

:mad:

I think I need to take a break from the game.

It not about being a noob or about being an experienced player.

Associate
wyatt gates said:
claymores are great ambush weapons you can use as defensive and offensive weapons saying they lame is rubbish get more claymore aware :)

lol this is true claymores are 'great' they are a very effective weapon, im very claymore aware actually, so many snipers think that people dont learn were there stupid claymores are gunna be.. also you can walk behind a claymore and it wont go off, so sometimes i see claymores just facing walls that will never go off! lol

i dont remember saying claymores are lame but they are annoying..

EDIT: I meant putting them next to flags, thats LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME

Back
Top Bottom