A big Crane has appeared -Yippeeee!

Soldato
Couldn't quite decide which forum to put this in .

Hopefully they are finally going to install the new mobile mast that has been on the books for the last 18months - We sit in a dip here and only real good signal is EE (fortunately I am on Orange) and I need O2 for 2nd nano on Giffgaf - This is on the other side of the field from me so NIMBY - Odd thing is there is a big BT telephone exchange just behind the crane but the mast won't be on BT land - I would have thought they could have negociated to put it on the roof or up the side of the building

414141118.jpg

Soldato
OP
Went past yesterday and sure enough the steel mast is up - It didn't look like it was on BT land - Lets hope it doesn't take 6 months to get it working.

Soldato
Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! near a mobile mast Would ha' been a palace to us. ....
think of those people who do not have one good signal ... I wish the government would

Soldato
OP
I have since found out it's a Vodafone mast - 18m high and in the grounds of the BT exchange -

One question - would Voda rent out the mast to other providers like O2 ?

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Thanks Lee I now live in hope. I did start to read the planning thing originally but as it is official my eyes started to spin round - Low boredom thresh hold :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
my phone pinged today - had a look but didn't see anything - Looked again later and I now have a full signal on 02 - they have turned the new mast on.
Finally got a good signal for Giffgaf - had a play but when got to try data it was a bit slow -I have a £5 goody bag to try it but don't know if that goody bag is low down the list for data speed -- I don't think I will ever get used to a mobile phone for anything other than making calls -The phone is fine on Wifi -- Nothing will supersede my PC.

Soldato
OP
Right - thanks for that. Does that mean all goody bags are slow on Giffgaf :)

Seems I jumped to soon - signal has now gone so I assume it was a test run and they are tweeking it a bit.

Soldato
OP
Vodafone mast was fired up again today - so far so good it's still on. - Got full 5 bar signal but only 3 on EE - My old phone got 5 bars on EE- I have noticed this on a few of the phones we have had - signal variation.

Back
Top Bottom