• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A bit of reality!

Soldato
Sadly prices are going to be insane for a good while, so if a well priced item comes up snap it up. I don't see this covid mess and miner mess ending this year either. The sad world we live in right now.

Associate
I'm 314 in the Q for an Asus TUF OC RTX 3080.
I can cope with waiting, I'm just not prepared to pay inflated prices to scalpers.

Similarly for Xbox Series X, LayZSpa, Yamaha CLP-7xx digital pianos, if you have a job and money to spend, it's actually quite hard to buy some stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm 314 in the Q for an Asus TUF OC RTX 3080.
I can cope with waiting, I'm just not prepared to pay inflated prices to scalpers.

Similarly for Xbox Series X, LayZSpa, Yamaha CLP-7xx digital pianos, if you have a job and money to spend, it's actually quite hard to buy some stuff.

When did you place your order?

Permabanned
I bought the 3090 FE, better sell my 1080Ti and Titan Xp I suppose after quick dust out and test run on both.

Also got a Corsair 12pin cable for my AX1600i and a 1x PCI-E Riser to move my soundcard down bellow mobo line (Ultra case so still rear I/O's there.

Soldato
I bought the 3090 FE, better sell my 1080Ti and Titan Xp I suppose after quick dust out and test run on both.

Also got a Corsair 12pin cable for my AX1600i and a 1x PCI-E Riser to move my soundcard down bellow mobo line (Ultra case so still rear I/O's there.

In this environment, I would keep something on hand as a backup.

Permabanned
Well not any of those as get a few bob for them due to current market, I have a low end PCI-E GPU for emergencies and a iGPU.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The only prices that are good are founders/reference msrp. Paying above this is a joke.

no one psys above list for a car.

no one pays above rrp for a phone or tv.

This 3rd party involvement (AIBs) just adds another profit wanting party to the chain and its unneccessary.

you've actually proved your point wrong there, because people do pay above list for a car - when it's one that's in demand and low in stock, just like graphics cards at present :

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/b...r-adds-40k-markup-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r/

The Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 was in ridiculously high demand, and was limited in numbers. Hence dealers having the cheek to just add $40,000 onto the price !

There have been occasions where other electronics have been in high demand and low supply and people would buy the phones and then immediately put them up for sale on ebay. I think of several different iphones over the years where this has happened. Of course of late Apple have got their stock issues sorted meaning that there is enough supply for the demand meaning that doesn't happen any more.

But as soon as you end up with a scenario where this more demand than supply, the prices will go up.

Soldato
3090FE out of stock now, was so tempting as I'm trying to build first pc for like 15years... but like has been said 1400 on a single component just couldn't :)

Well I'm working away for 4month now so hopefully be back when there are more cards available at "normal" price I hope..... or I'll just end up getting a 1400 card anyway :) mine on it maybe get like £3 back

Soldato
you've actually proved your point wrong there, because people do pay above list for a car - when it's one that's in demand and low in stock, just like graphics cards at present :

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/b...r-adds-40k-markup-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r/

The Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 was in ridiculously high demand, and was limited in numbers. Hence dealers having the cheek to just add $40,000 onto the price !

There have been occasions where other electronics have been in high demand and low supply and people would buy the phones and then immediately put them up for sale on ebay. I think of several different iphones over the years where this has happened. Of course of late Apple have got their stock issues sorted meaning that there is enough supply for the demand meaning that doesn't happen any more.

But as soon as you end up with a scenario where this more demand than supply, the prices will go up.

Beyond that, people pay more for models of the same car that have extra features. That's no different for graphics cards, larger heatsinks, better fans, binned dies etc.

Permabanned
More car manufacturers have been hit with the processor shortages

Audi and VW have put 19000 staff on leave and shut down factories - cars are unable to be built without CPU and GPU SOC units

It's very likely that these are political decisions rather than forced by the current global situation. The semiconductors production is the cleanest possible production and the coronavirus has to have very little to no impact on it.

Why are they stopping the production completely is beyond on rational sense...

When will Trump finally be gone so that this nightmare caused by him is finally over? :mad:

Man of Honour
Under normal circumstances i would 100% agree. But knowing the hassle it is to find cards and not offering anything themselves i would think they could relax a little?
OCUK pay a lot of money for this forum, why would they allow it to be used to fill the pockets of other retailers? Regardless of circumstances, it's not here to benefit them :)

Back
Top Bottom