'A cleaner version of Hell'

Caporegime
Not sure how I ended up on this wiki page but it's pretty interesting stuff.

The United States Penitentiary, Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX) is a federal supermax prison for men located in the city of Florence in Fremont County, Colorado.[1] It is unofficially known as ADX Florence, Florence ADMAX, Supermax, or the Alcatraz of the Rockies.[2] It is part of the Florence Federal Correctional Complex, which is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice, and houses the prisoners who are deemed the most dangerous and in need of the tightest control of all the prisoners in the United States federal prison system.

I can't even imagine what being in solitary confinement under those kind of 'supermax' conditions must be like. Surely that would drive you insane?

Soldato
Now you can see why Abu Hamza et al are pooping their pants about being extradited.......

Yeah, I feel one of these prisons wouldn't be a bad idea.....

Not fond of the death penalty, and I strongly believe that once you've served your sentance you should be a free man, but this might make serving it that little bit more punishing....

Saying that, god knows how someone who has been in that situation for a long period of time could ever be reintegrated into society....

kd

Caporegime
The 4 in (10 cm) by 4 ft (120 cm) windows are designed to prevent inmates from knowing their specific location within the complex because they can see only the sky and roof through them, making it virtually impossible to plan an escape

This is a list of notable inmates who are currently held at Florence ADX. For a list of notable inmates formerly held at Florence ADX, please see Notable former inmates of US Penitentiary, Florence ADX.

WOW! I bet its impossible for anyone to find out where he is and plan there escape!

Still, stuff living in that!

Soldato
Yes, I think the sheer lack of things to do, and the knowledge that whatever you thought of what you heard on the radio or TV, nobody would ever know would do horrible things to your mind (although I suppose in an already horrible mind maybe it would cause reflection and positive change.... or just make it ever worse). It would be like there really was no pont to living. No hope at all. I imagine your mind would just end up numbing and turning to mush after years in there if they really don't have anything to do... Horrible. I don't really see the point in making activities so restricted... When the people who do actually have release dates get released they will just be completely unable to function I imagine...

Caporegime
OP
I linked you in another thread with abu hamza in it. :p

Interesting place alright!

Also this guy is interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_McNair

Heh, I hadn't read that thread. Weird.

After McNair's arrest, he escaped three times from three different institutions using various creative methods. On his first attempt he used lip balm to squeeze out of a pair of handcuffs. He escaped a second time by crawling through a ventilation duct. In his last escape, he mailed himself out of prison in a crate.[1]

:eek:

Associate
Bet he's a big MGS fan lol

THEBOX.jpg

Soldato
how often do people actually escape from prison these days anyway even normal ones

Fair question, although I would hazard a guess that most regular prisons will have had at least a few escapees at some point. The low security ones because well, they're low security, and the high security ones because of higher profile prisoners and their associates outside etc.

Back
Top Bottom