100.jpg

101.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nice builds, what case did you prefer the fractal or corsair?

At this point I've done half a dozen builds into Corsair 4000D and 5000D Airflow cases.
They are easy to like and recommend tbh, really has been our go to cases over the last 4 months or so.
We quite like the Kolink range of micro ATX cases as well.

This is a budget build I did recently with a 5600G APU.
Popular because you can just bang a 1660 Super or 3060 in for a quick and easy upgrade.

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm pretty old school.. before the first wave of RGB in the early 2000's so to me that Fractal build looks really good!

Yes I'm fairly conservative as well preferring plain builds myself.
Saying that I think ARGB can look good if it's done in a tasteful way that's not over the top.
I personally prefer to pick and set a static colour over what we call rainbow puke.

Associate
OP
That top one is a Kolink Citadel Mesh, isn't it? You can move the fans to between the front panel and the mesh front to allow for long GPUs.

Normally yes, but in this particular instance I decided to removed the cross beam supports and mounted the fans behind the bracket to fill the space up a little and make it look a little better when viewed from the side window. ;)
There is still plenty of room to fit a dual fan GPU if required.

You can see the difference it makes in the 4000D picture (next to it).

Last edited:
Associate
Yes I'm fairly conservative as well preferring plain builds myself.
Saying that I think ARGB can look good if it's done in a tasteful way that's not over the top.
I personally prefer to pick and set a static colour over what we call rainbow puke.

I can absolutely agree with that, as long as the static color is white.. ;)

Jokes aside, they all look good!!

Associate
OP
Very nice, the water cooling in picture 2 especially tickles my fancy. I would guess the water cooled rig needs a lot regular maintenance.

Probably will need flushing and refilling once a year.
I have fitted a drain tap with a flexi tube at the bottom of the distro block (accessed by removing the rear panel) to make it as 'user friendly' as possible to maintain.

It looks real nice but not really my cup of tea to be honest.
But the boss man wanted a show piece PC to greet people when they walk in the door. :)

Associate

Hey, nice builds can you give us some info on the Torrent please, are any of the supplied fans PST? reason I ask I'm confused how having 2x180 PWM and 3x 140 3 pins all on the same hub works?

Do the 180s get a signal and the 140s just run full tilt at 12v?, I was thinking i'll run the 3x3 pin 140s off the hub and use voltage control in bios for 7v then have a splitter on the 180s if they not PST but still leaves me with rear fan 140 PWM i want to add with no headers left (only 2 on auros elite and not wanting to share CPU header as I like case fans linked to VRM Mos temp, i'll check if cpu_opt can be used exactly like system headers changing temp source)

Wafflling.... in short how does mixing 3 pin and 4 pin on the nexus 2+ hub work, surely people are not running all their 3pin fans at 12v max rpm?

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hey, nice builds can you give us some info on the Torrent please, are any of the supplied fans PST? reason I ask I'm confused how having 2x180 PWM and 3x 140 3 pins all on the same hub works?

Do the 180s get a signal and the 140s just run full tilt at 12v?, I was thinking i'll run the 3x3 pin 140s off the hub and use voltage control in bios for 7v then have a splitter on the 180s if they not PST but still leaves me with rear fan 140 PWM i want to add with no headers left (only 2 on auros elite and not wanting to share CPU header as I like case fans linked to VRM Mos temp, i'll check if cpu_opt can be used exactly like system headers changing temp source)

Wafflling.... in short how does mixing 3 pin and 4 pin on the nexus 2+ hub work, surely people are not running all their 3pin fans at 12v max rpm?

Cheers

I completely removed the fan hub after it came to light it was potential problem, so never used it.
Think I put the front 2 fans on one mobo header, the 3 fans at the bottom on another and exit fan on it's own.

Associate
OP
Here are some more of my recent builds in the last few weeks.
(Sorry about the picture quality on some of them, my phone isn't the best).

Needless to say I've been a busy boy lol. :D
We are on the run up to Xmas so there are plenty of builds for me to be getting on with that's for sure.

107.jpg

Banged these together to be used at a annual local gaming event / competition (Rocket League).
112.jpg

111.jpg

Another Torrent build...
106.jpg

Thought I'd try out some of those Vetroo budget coolers after seeing GN's review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GXNgPSBq8g

109.jpg

110.jpg

102.jpg

Putting my tube bending skills to good use on this one (done by free hand / just eye balled it, the Jay2cent's way lol).
103.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom