A gaming laptop for RTS SIM and a couple of FPS

Soldato
Hey guys,

Been in the market for a gaming laptop for a few months now and still haven't purchased one.

I was looking at getting a new ryzen or a i5 with 1660ti, however been thinking, do I need to spend around the £1000 mark? I'm interested in playing RTS and SIM games mainly with a couple of FPS nothing extreme at all, I prefer playing my RPG and stuff on the PS4 pro.

Anyway games I want to play are
Company of heroes
Command & conquer
Age of empires
Jurassic world evolution
Settlers
Total war
Warcraft
Bf5 (rarely)
Cod (rarely)
Anno
StarCraft

Just so you get the idea, I'm thinking a stronger CPU is needed for my system, £1000 is my absolute max but if if I don't have to spend that much to enjoy my RTS stuff I would much rather do that.

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi beasty6. I recently got the Asus TUF fx505 with Ryzen 5 3550h and gtx 1650 from a well known catalogue shop for 750. I've been playing total war warhammer and StarCraft no problems. From reviews bf5 runs really well on it to.

It's only got 8 gig of ram and it only runs in single channel so add another for 16gb dual channel if you feel you need it. It definitely seems to have helped me and raised my minimum fps

It runs every game I want at high settings. Currently playing metro exodus on high and it's coping with that admirably.

As long as your not obsessed with constant 60fps I'd recommend it highly.

However I will say the Ryzen 4000 CPUs have recently started coming out so it might be wise to hold on until one of those comes up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom