A little bit of help please.

Associate
I recently bought a new case for my computer, after swapping everything around i go to turn on my computer and im hit with a burning smell (that i think may of been coming from my cheap PSU but im not sure), so i turn the computer off. Later on i come back and turn on my computer again to see the damage done by whatever it was that went wrong.. the computer turns on and reaches the boot-screen for my mobo then sits there and freezes.

If i go into setup when i first turn on (before it freezes) then i can exit that and the computer boots up sometimes..

Once i've done that the computer works fine, even when im gaming.. anyone got any idea what might be wrong?

(Spec in sig area)

RJC

RJC

Don
Is your pc still overclocked, try putting back to stock, other possibilities the are shorting which may of coursed the buring smell, can you remove the board and run external to the case and checking for any burn marks.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice, my CPU is currently on stock settings as i didn't want to risk anything with the cheap PSU im using (My HIPER 580W died on my last week), I've also put the stock cooler back on for the same reason. I'll take my mobo out and check for burn marks and get back on here.

Associate
OP
I've opened up my case to start unscrewing my mobo and look for burns and i've realised that my usb connectors are only 5pin connections where as the ones on my board are 10-1. could this have damaged the mobo?

Associate
I had a pc like this before, had to boot until it stalled then a reboot and it was fine, i think it was either the motherboard or psu, was 10 years ago so can't remember fully.
Leaning towards mobo.

Associate
OP
yeah i definantley think i have a problem with the mobo for some reason, probably because everythng holds out fine once the computer is on. Could anyone reccomend a good MOBO for a reasonable price? (not much over £50). Im not interested in Crossfire so i should be able to get something for that right?

Back
Top Bottom