A+, N+, MSCE, MCSA, CCNA: Aaargh, I need help.

Soldato
I've been looking into a career in IT after failing to find work since graduation from Uni (degree wasnt in IT).

I'm pretty good with computers having used them recreationally for about 15 years but lack any formal training or qualifications. After reading this about how above all else experience is the most important thing in getting a job in IT i'm left totally clueless as to how to get in IT.

I really need some advice but I just dont know where to get it. If anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

PoD

PoD

Associate
Hard to find work in the IT industry without any formal qualifications and the Microsoft qualifications cost a lot. You are looking for a MSITP nowdays for a decent qualification as the MSCE are now quite old.

I would recommend starting in 1st line support or a junior role.

IT is a big area to work in, so being good with computers can mean a lot.

I would consider 1st line support, but dont rule out data analysis and then work your way into database work.

Plenty to consider, but take note that jobs are scarce at the moment. A lot of organisations have closed down due to the financial burdens of late and so the market is flooded with applicants.

Back
Top Bottom