A new engine later I decided to treat the Jag

Associate
Well after a month off the road and a brand new engine I decided to get the Jaguar XE detailed.
The guy done a fantastic job and she looks great and after all the problems that I have had in the car I have totally fell in love again. The XE is a fantastic car and will definitely be getting another one.

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

Soldato
the details - no - or was it a different car ?

I got myself a Jaguar XE late 2015 on a 65 plate its on PCP. I was so happy with the car it is a beautiful well designed car but then the problems started..

The first big thing was random computer errors which it kept having to go into the dealer for days and then next it was a telematics unit but the part was on back order and it took 3 weeks to get the part and I was stuck in another courtesy car. The car the other month did not start and was a voltage problem and then today ABS fault and I had to get jaguar assist to come out and finding it was a ABS fault but still could not find the problem so it had to go back into the dealership again...

Also in the last few months the engine has got really noisy a lot of people have said it sounds like a tractor its only covered 20k miles... now they have had to sent sound recording back to jaguar and this has been going on for weeks now.. still no further forward they said it could be internal engine work they need to wait for jaguar to decide what to do.

They had no jaguars available so Im in a discovery sport 66 plate with every extra you could possibly have so aint too bad.

Now ive had a enough... basically fell out with the car I do not enjoy it and its forever having problems and the car is unsuitable to be in the road. I have logged complains with Jaguar customer service themselves but they just say they will "keep in touch with dealership and get the problems sorted"

Now I have heard someone has had a lot of problems with this year car and in the end Jaguar got them a brand new car. now I don't think this will happen with me but what are my options to basically end this once and for all..

do I contact Lex leasing who the car is with and tell them the problems too and see what they say?

stuck for ideas now...

Soldato
Why are you getting another one, what's wrong with that one? Surely it's fairly new?

I didn't read that as he was getting a new one right now, just that he will "definitely be getting a another one" when its time, e.g. when his pcp ends, which sounds like he's probably got another year to go

Caporegime
mate had to get a new engine fitted to his new bmw. or they had to do a full strip down can't remember exactly.

he did however drive it into a 3 foot deep puddle. said it smoked like mad for a few weeks when he got it back from the dealer. he obviously lied to them about what happened to get it repaired under warranty.

therefore new engine on a new car doesn't simply mean you shouldn't buy one again.

Soldato
mate had to get a new engine fitted to his new bmw. or they had to do a full strip down can't remember exactly.

he did however drive it into a 3 foot deep puddle. said it smoked like mad for a few weeks when he got it back from the dealer. he obviously lied to them about what happened to get it repaired under warranty.

therefore new engine on a new car doesn't simply mean you shouldn't buy one again.
I'd say there's a difference between flooding the car and killing the engine and engine going pop on it's own.

Caporegime
I'd say there's a difference between flooding the car and killing the engine and engine going pop on it's own.

well if jaguar make 100,000 engines a year. i imagine 1 of them could go pop on it's own. especially if a lot of the process is automated or someone accidentally forgets to do something / is negligent.

e.g. a lot of people have had sony tv's go pop on them. doesn't mean they should never buy a sony again. could just have been bad luck.

Back
Top Bottom