A return to form: Say hello to Banana MK2, the Italian Prancing Horse (Ferrari 458 Italia)

OcUK Staff
OP
Are they using Banana gloss :p:cool:

They won’t be as they will be using their new ceramic wash, ceramic wax products.

However I tend to use banana gloss great suds, smell etc but if the new stuff is as good as they are saying I shall be very impressed.

Right now they are just preparing the car for the treatment and giving it a thorough cleaning throughout along with maybe some polishing work too if required. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Off the top of your head do you know how much autobrite charge for a paint correction and ceramic coating? I can't find any pricing on their website.

I am afraid you need to ask them directly, varies from car to car and treatment and coatings requested.

They have decided to now do a full correct on my paint as thought it was mainly some light swirling they did find some paint defects and have such decided to resolve them for me, any way it is looking pretty fabulous so far:

83393938_10220407112876939_2902001748551925760_o.jpg

82996643_849747018796814_1716037656082644992_n.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Wow DAT GLOSS

82827327_130003798072869_8746530521246334976_n.jpg

82628117_10220408313626957_3380316888914460672_o.jpg

Couple of photos the owner at Autobrite sent me. :)

Absolutely chuffed its shinier and cleaner than day I collected it and probably looks better than the day it rolled of the factory line as well and the original buyer of this car absolutely nailed it with the specification, so much elegance and it just looks spot on. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Off the top of your head do you know how much autobrite charge for a paint correction and ceramic coating? I can't find any pricing on their website.

I had a quote on my C63 earlier this year from them. Paintwork was in pretty good condition and i got quoted abouy £450 for a 2 stage polish, paint correction and wax protection/sealant. I'd hazard a guess for their ceramic coating on top it'll be around 600-700ish.

If you're in Bham, worth looking at Staffordshire Car Care, based in Rugeley near Lichfield. Ended up going with them foe the paint correction/polish/Gyeon 5 year ceramic coating which was £750. Regarding Autobrites ceramuc coating be interesting to see how to stacks up to the other more established brands on the market especially durability. For me personally unless i was getting it at mates rates like Gibbo is, i suspect, I'd more likely steer towards someone else though it does look awesome in the pics above!

Associate
Be great to see some pictures of your HP either post here or show us your car sticky thread.

Pictures can be found in the 'Show Us Your Car' thread.

Gibbo - your 458 looks stunning! Looking forward to seeing it one day IRL

If you're in Bham, worth looking at Staffordshire Car Care, based in Rugeley near Lichfield. Ended up going with them foe the paint correction/polish/Gyeon 5 year ceramic coating which was £750. Regarding Autobrites ceramuc coating be interesting to see how to stacks up to the other more established brands on the market especially durability. For me personally unless i was getting it at mates rates like Gibbo is, i suspect, I'd more likely steer towards someone else though it does look awesome in the pics above!

I went with Staffordshire Car Care, for the above described work, on my last car, the R8 and they did a great job.

The HP currently has ppf on the front, sills and rear arches (applied about two years ago by the first owner).
I'm after a mirror gloss wet-look effect and have been told that the way to achieve this is; paint correction and ppf with a ceramic coating on top - is this correct and if so any recommendations in the Midlands area?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Pictures can be found in the 'Show Us Your Car' thread.

Gibbo - your 458 looks stunning! Looking forward to seeing it one day IRL

I went with Staffordshire Car Care, for the above described work, on my last car, the R8 and they did a great job.

The HP currently has ppf on the front, sills and rear arches (applied about two years ago by the first owner).
I'm after a mirror gloss wet-look effect and have been told that the way to achieve this is; paint correction and ppf with a ceramic coating on top - is this correct and if so any recommendations in the Midlands area?

Yeah I drive it a lot so am sure you will see it. :)

The new ceramic range Autobrite are using on my car is designed to give that wet gloss look with easy ability to keep topping it up or to add further gloss by placing a high gloss wax on top for those summer days or when you just fancy doing a bit of old school waxing on your car on a nice summers weekend.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

All done, just waiting for a dry day now to go collect the car as they have agreed to keep it in storage until dryer weather as be a shame to cover it in dirt and salt after all their work:

82463833_180254043058623_592882452385497088_n.jpg

They have a load of photos and videos, they will put on USB for me, I will probably take some more too and then post up some proper full car pictures in coming days/weeks. :)

Soldato
I can't imagine pictures will do it justice compared to seeing it in person. You're going to have to bring it round everyone's house so we can admire it.

Back
Top Bottom