A "stranger" has a key to my house. Martin and Co don't care.

Associate
I have called the police on the non-emergency line. They have given similar advice to what some of you have put on here. - I will keep you updated tomorrow if anything changes. - If I am not dead by tomorrow.

as has been said above, change the locks as no one has the right to enter when your not present, so therefore if they ask to view for the inspection for example make it on a time when your there.

Just remember to keep the old locks and put them back on when you leave.

If someone questions why you changed the locks then ask them why they are trying to enter your property without your consent as they would only know if they tried to enter. and if in doubt and you don't feel safe get a big bat :)

Soldato
image.jpg

Coincidence?

Maybe your supplier has changed what he's cutting it with :D.

Seriously though I wouldn't worry it's probably just a mistake from being tired/stressed/forgetful. Change the locks and sleep easy.

Last edited:
Associate
5ub,

I am guessing you don't have a chain on the door? Might be an idea to see if you can get one fitted. I know it's not much help when you are out but it's something extra when you are home.

Associate
It is such a quick and easy job to change the lock ( and they can be picked up very cheaply if you just want to temporarily change it until you get to the bottom of who has the key ).

not sure why the video isn't working.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if anyone else has suggested this or not, but have you considered getting one of those cheap alarms? They are similar to ones you can use in your shed or garage, depending on the layout of the house you can easily install them, just hook the alarm onto a nail and the sensor sticks to the door frame via an adhesive pad.

You can get them for about £5 so it might be handy for a quick fix, at least if someone does go in the alarm will go off.

Man of Honour
Get the locks changed asap, don't wait for permission from LL/agency. Can't see them having an issue with it as I think someone invading your property is reason enough to do so, and that you give copies of the keys to the relevant parties.

Associate
You could ask around the neighbour's and see if they've seen anyone else coming in or out. Then if you get a description of the stranger put that to the agency to confirm if that's the landlord. Failing that stick up a warning about CCTV is in use and intruders will be prosecuted.

Man of Honour
Not sure if anyone else has suggested this or not, but have you considered getting one of those cheap alarms? They are similar to ones you can use in your shed or garage, depending on the layout of the house you can easily install them, just hook the alarm onto a nail and the sensor sticks to the door frame via an adhesive pad.

You can get them for about £5 so it might be handy for a quick fix, at least if someone does go in the alarm will go off.

no, it has to be a webcam installed inside front door and lay some fake diamonds on the floor ...
just incase the intruder is a busty female in a low cut top...
that vid would pay you more than sueing her ;)

Back
Top Bottom