A4 paper document to PDF service

Associate
I have a few hundred pages (both sides) that I want to convert to a PDF document.

Does anyone know of a service that can do this?

I tried local stationary stores and they could only handle a few pages.

Associate
OP
That actually seems quite sensible. I thought auto feed scanners cost loads. 30 pages at once seems ok. I wonder if it can do both sides though.

Soldato
Ask a friend to get it scanned for you at work, most offices have printers that can scan many pages to pdf format without any issues, quick and simple.

Soldato
That actually seems quite sensible. I thought auto feed scanners cost loads. 30 pages at once seems ok. I wonder if it can do both sides though.

A cheap one won't, that's why you'll need some software to sort the scans into order.

Dedicated document scanners start at around £200, but they'll usually include some cut down software.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Our scanner at work cost £4500 and prints straight to PDF, it also has a touch screen monitor, keyboard & mouse which is attached to a DELL PC.
Monster bit of kit.
When converting documents we either print out to Adobe PDF or the free PDFCreator.

Soldato
Tried the "take it into an office" job myself, the scanner was useless at feeding and often jammed, which half way through a 40 page document meant it lost the whole lot. In the end I bought a £200 duplex scanner which although nowhere near as quick didn't jam, but the feeder died after 1000 pages (luckily the last document) so it was returned for a full refund. Having a scanner to drop pages and photos into was very useful for the short time I had it.

Back
Top Bottom