AA battery - which are best?

Soldato
Looking for some AA batteries for the Oculus touch controllers.

Was going to grab some Duracell but none in stock until next month.

They have the Industrial range in stock, but they never seemed to last long when used at work.

Not sure if I should spend the extra for lithium, or spend even more for a set of eneloop rechargeables and basic charger?

Any recommendations please?

Soldato
Get eneloop
You'll go through a lot with the oculus controllers!
Don't go Amazon own - for some reason, they have never worked in my right oculus controller, fine in the left though. Eneloops work great.

Soldato
I’ve always found the GP alkalines to be equal to the big brand alkalines in terms of performance and considerable cheaper.

For the price of lithiums, you could probably get a set of Enerloops.

Soldato
Get eneloop
You'll go through a lot with the oculus controllers!
Don't go Amazon own - for some reason, they have never worked in my right oculus controller, fine in the left though. Eneloops work great.
That's funny because Amazon are widely know to be repackaged eneloops often a generation behind.

Soldato
Either Eneloop or LADDA

Personally I prefer the lower rated Eneloops as you get more charges so work out just slightly cheaper overall than Ladda, otherwise if you're going for same Mah then Ladda win over the eneloop

Soldato
Looking for some AA batteries for the Oculus touch controllers.

Was going to grab some Duracell but none in stock until next month.

They have the Industrial range in stock, but they never seemed to last long when used at work.

Not sure if I should spend the extra for lithium, or spend even more for a set of eneloop rechargeables and basic charger?

Any recommendations please?
I have Energiser 2500 and they are great

Soldato
i use eneloops too, BUT the nimh's only provide 1.2V will probably work with your remote -

but next time I will get some 1.5v AA lions that can be recharged by usb (they were in my alibaba list pre-brexit)
... since I have a number of devices that do not work on nimh - led torch, braun travel shaver, wireless thermostat

see this earlier thread

I have a security camera that was provided with two 1.5v lithium AA, which are non-rechargable.

Can I use my usual rechargable 1.2v NiMH AA Panasonic eneloop BK-3MCCE/8BE batteries instead in this?

I can't find much about whether 1.5v lithium actually remains at 1.5v under draw rather like how alkaline batteries behave with their output voltage being lower than advertised, and thus in-line with the 1.2v NiMH?

Soldato
That's funny because Amazon are widely know to be repackaged eneloops often a generation behind.

I thought the same. I am at an absolute loss why this happens. All disposable batteries work fine in the right controller. I have spoken with oculus tech support as well as amazon. No one can answer why the amazon rechargeable don't work in that one controller.

Back
Top Bottom