Abit IP35 Pro C1

Associate
Hi guys just wondered if anyone could shed any light into why i keep getting a c1 error when i do ia cold boot? I bought some cheap 1.8v ram so i can get back into the bios to change voltage ram timmings etc but when i come to put my Ballistix ram back in C1 again, so i go in to the bios and my cpu has been set to default and ram but all the other settings are fine this happens each and everytime i swap ram over ? any help would be great specs are in my sig. Cheers

P.S
I've tried all the suggestions of clearing the cmos , taking the battery out , unpluging psu overnight but still the same?

Soldato
try installing just 1 DIMM of Ballistix & see if you can get into the BIOS to then reset the DDR2 voltage to allow you to install more.
With 4 DIMMs you will almost certainly need to increase the MCH voltage as well.

Also, Ballistix has a bit of a reputation for dying so do we know if your Ballistix is OK?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply BUFF, have tried with one stick before did manage to get in and change voltage etc but soon as i power down to put the other sticks in bang C1 again and as far as i know the ram was fine but i have no way of testing it now all my mates machines are well a bit old lol

Soldato
with 4 sticks you are going to have to increase the MCH voltage anyway, probably to something like 1.33V.
It could be that 1 (or more DIMM is faulty), can you try with 2 sticks first & switching DIMMs around to see if you always get C1 or only in certain combos?

Soldato
i had exactly the same problem this week, ended up being a dodgy stick of Crucial Ballistix Tracer.

I had the C1, removed all stick and tired one at a time, ended up being a dodgy stick

test each stick in one slot to identify the ram and RMA it.

remember to RMA both sticks if its a matched pair.

Associate
OP
Thanks again for the replys guys appreciate it, i did try each stick at a time through all four slots rebooting and clearing cmos after each stick this is when on my last stick of ram i manged to get on to change stuff in the bios to the settings below but like i said as soon as i did a cold start straight to C1 error so i tried the same process again but could not get back in so this is when i went out and bought the cheap ram.

Bios Voltages Control Settings

Cpu Core Voltage .......... 1.4575v
DDR2 Voltage ............... 2.200v
CPU VTT 1.2v Voltage ... 1.27v
MCH 1.25v Voltage ........ have tried 1.33v and 1.37v
ICH 1.05v Voltage ......... 1.15v also tried 1.12v
ICHIO 1.5v Voltage ....... 1.55v

Soldato
have you tried changing the GFX card:

reason being a C1 error is cause by one of 4 reasons

1. SPD value lost
2.graphic card error
3.DIMM slot damage
4. Over clocking issue

you can eliminate each of the 4 errors by doing the below. the number match to waht they are eliminiating

1. Please update flash BIOS first
2. Please change graphic card
3. Change slot first or RMA
4. Clear CMOS and load BIOS default

Back
Top Bottom