Abit IP35 Pro died, any new equivalent?

Associate
Abit IP35 Pro died, its been recycled as a server so I don't want to upgrade any other components on it as the CPU and DDR2 RAM are good enough for the purpose. Is there a new board I can buy (with 6 SATA ports), and just swap the other bits onto? Looks like the new 775 boards are DDR3 now, have I missed one that would do the job?

Soldato
Used does look the way to go, if anyone...

I would consider selling the DDR2 memory and buying a DDR3 775 board and cheap DDR3 1333MHz memory - by the time you've taken off what you've sold the DDR2 for you may find that the extra that you had to spend is a nominal amount and worth the 3 years MB guarantee.

Associate
OP
I would consider selling the DDR2 memory and buying a DDR3 775 board and cheap DDR3 1333MHz memory - by the time you've taken off what you've sold the DDR2 for you may find that the extra that you had to spend is a nominal amount and worth the 3 years MB guarantee.

I wouldn't mind doing that, trying to find one with 6 SATA ports, any suggestions?

Associate
OP
Like you i can only seem to source boards with 4 SATA ports - have you considered adding a SATA II Controller card for ~£20?

I've got one spare already lying around, but wanted to keep that option for when I add another drive.

I think I'll just do this now, to get it back online, and if needed can add a four port SATA card in the future.

So for about £85 can get a new board (Gigabyte G41MT-S2P Intel G41 - £38.99 inc VAT), and 8GB DDR3 RAM (Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 This Week Only Offer, was £56.99 inc VAT now £45.59 inc VAT), that's okay.

Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom