Abit of advice on my watercooling setup

Soldato
Hi guys.

Looking for a bit of help. Currently upgrading my water setup as i wasnt happy with my bends at all. So i thought i would go for the straight line idea. I already had 60% of the fittings from before which i thought was enough and it appears that im going to need to buy another £90 worth of compression fittings which all in all ill be at around £500-600 in just water alone!

My Issues.

I need to make 90 degree angles so i have bought a load of fittings. Which are wrong. I bought these and didnt realise until today that they are not female ends! So i have to now go and buy some more HDC fittings which will allow me to add tube to these. So i'm thinking i can return these as i have another 6 from before and go buy some proper 90 degree's although OCUK don't have any in stock yet.

Would you wait for these to come in? Go and buy some T fittings or 4 way splits and 2 caps etc so it makes the angle (these are the same price as the 90s) or buy some female to female adapters and keep the 90's which i already have. I believe they're £2.99?

Also, what do i do with all these blooming HDC fittings i am having to buy, ill have around 20 in my build once its finished. At £4.99 a pop, it hurts! If you guys need any photos so far to help, ill get some put up.

Cheers.

HELP :p

Associate
Ideally I would use the least amount of fittings possible makes it easier to figure out leakage if that happens. the 90 degree m/f one is great for coming out of blocks/res or pump, but apart from that serves very little use in my opinion. I would hold off for the female ones if you want the best look, i think the 4 way splits look terrible so have only ever used them hidden away for my drain plug. As before if you use 4 way splits you have 4 points of leakage where as the female ones leave you with only two.
They are expensive i find shopping around drops the price a little.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, i need to return the excess of 90 degree m/f's for sure. Think i have around 8 in total not being used on main components :D . Yeah i think i will be sending OCUK an email to find out when the EKWB 90 females will be in stock again. Can't find them elsewhere for the same price as i get free postage here.

I agree about the 4 ways. I have 2 of these at the moment for my drain and fill points.

Thanks for your reply :)

Man of Honour
Hi guys.

Looking for a bit of help. Currently upgrading my water setup as i wasnt happy with my bends at all. So i thought i would go for the straight line idea. I already had 60% of the fittings from before which i thought was enough and it appears that im going to need to buy another £90 worth of compression fittings which all in all ill be at around £500-600 in just water alone!

My Issues.

I need to make 90 degree angles so i have bought a load of fittings. Which are wrong. I bought these and didnt realise until today that they are not female ends! So i have to now go and buy some more HDC fittings which will allow me to add tube to these. So i'm thinking i can return these as i have another 6 from before and go buy some proper 90 degree's although OCUK don't have any in stock yet.

Would you wait for these to come in? Go and buy some T fittings or 4 way splits and 2 caps etc so it makes the angle (these are the same price as the 90s) or buy some female to female adapters and keep the 90's which i already have. I believe they're £2.99?

Also, what do i do with all these blooming HDC fittings i am having to buy, ill have around 20 in my build once its finished. At £4.99 a pop, it hurts! If you guys need any photos so far to help, ill get some put up.

Cheers.

HELP :p

Is this what you are going for, straight hardline tubing with 90 degree fittings ?

PyHwa7Y.jpg

That's a build i have just finished, using ' Nanoxia Coolforce ' fittings.

£5 for a 90 degree fitting that requires no other fittings - a female to female hardline.

For the price of the EK 90 degree, you do away with the need for 2 HDC fittings aswell.

As it is an all in 1 fitting, as oppose to 2 HDC + 1 90 degree, there are also less points of pontential failure/leakage.

Thread here if you want to see more

Soldato
OP
Is this what you are going for, straight hardline tubing with 90 degree fittings ?

That's a build i have just finished, using ' Nanoxia Coolforce ' fittings.

£5 for a 90 degree fitting that requires no other fittings - a female to female hardline.

For the price of the EK 90 degree, you do away with the need for 2 HDC fittings aswell.

As it is an all in 1 fitting, as oppose to 2 HDC + 1 90 degree, there are also less points of pontential failure/leakage.

Thread here if you want to see more

Hey thanks for the advice. I have ordered a lot of these fittings instead of the EKWB. The price difference alone was appealing to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Man of Honour
Hey thanks for the advice. I have ordered a lot of these fittings instead of the EKWB. The price difference alone was appealing to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Good .

Don't let the price fool you, these are not 'cheapo' fittings - they are very well made. I actually sent a load of the EK fittings back after trying these.

Back
Top Bottom