Poll: Abortion, Roe v. Wade

What is you're opinion on abortion ?

• Fully pro-life, including Embryo

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Pro-life but exceptions for morning after pill and IUDs

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Pro-choice but up until heartbeat limit of 6-weeks

Votes: 64 9.6%
  • Pro-choice up to pre-viability limit (based on local legislation)

Votes: 451 67.6%
  • Fully pro-choice until birth

Votes: 110 16.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Baby killing is wrong.
I am pro life.
There are certain situations where abortions are a valid option, such as a rape victim or a badly handicapped baby.
HOWEVER...
The last thing we need are young girls committing suicide because they are pregnant, young babies being murdered because the young mother can't cope and doesn't want anyone to know. like what happened in Catholic Ireland.
My comment referred to the many that use abortion as a last line of contraception, and many do. How reliable are the facts and statistics? Many of these young girls wont be being honest.
It's a very unpleasant complicated situation, you can't even say each case should be considered on it's own merit as many girls would die of shame rather than admit they are pregnant with an unwanted baby.

Associate
the 2 trimester one is pretty accurate is it not? Here's a premature birth of 21 weeks

MakenzieandMakayla.png

I'd need to see a source for that being 21 weeks because my full term babies didn't look much bigger at all. Not that I agree with 21 week old abortions outside of extreme circumstances

But then again I'd terminate a 21 week old fetus before threatening the mothers life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I agree with this statement and personally would like to see the cut off point being 20 weeks. As compromise 24 weeks is acceptable, beyond that only in emergencies.

TBF I have to say you're fair and reasonable on your stance. As someone who states I'm pro choice I'd put myself as a lower cut off. But like you say it depends on circumstances and what the woman has endured

Soldato
I'd need to see a source for that being 21 weeks because my full term babies didn't look much bigger at all. Not that I agree with 21 week old abortions outside of extreme circumstances

But then again I'd terminate a 21 week old fetus before threatening the mothers life.
I just saw imaging of my son and daughter-in-law's baby at 20 months and it looked like it was about that developed.

Soldato
It's looking grim for women.
Expect the suicide rate to go up massively as it was before abortion was an option.
Then again I'm in the camp of use whatever methods you have available to not get pregnant in the first place if you are not ready for the responsibility. This includes not having sex.
But it should ultimately be down to the woman with a literal parasite inside her body (rape victims etc) no one deserves to tell someone else what they can or cannot do with their own body.

I have a work friend who got pregnant recently and she was debating on abortion, she didn't want to get pregnant. Her and the partner where apparently going at it like animals every other day (can't blame the guy though haha I think anyone would looking at her) no contraception no nothin though. Then they get a surprise pikachu face when she ends up pregnant within 2 months of getting together. Like what did you expect to happen? They are both young though (20s) but they are very immature. She's decided go ahead with the pregnancy but is having sickness issues time off work etc and complaining about it. I have no sympathy for it as they both chose it every time they did the nasty.

Are pro lifers also vegans?
The only difference is its human life, we are just animals with a superiority complex cuz we smurt hur dur.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's looking grim for women.
Expect the suicide rate to go up massively as it was before abortion was an option.
Then again I'm in the camp of use whatever methods you have available to not get pregnant in the first place if you are not ready for the responsibility.
Contraception is available to all.
If you’ve had an abortion you’ve failed somewhere.
My sincere apologies to rape victims and medical cases, those are justified reasons.
Reckless use of the front bottom can cause unwanted pregnancy.
But that contravenes pussy power doesn’t it.

Caporegime
OP
Correct, they haven't banned abortion, they've simply voided a previous judgment that placed restrictions on the ability of states to legislate on abortion.

Soldato
I suspect this might move the Overton window for the Republican party now they can't hide behind Roe vs Wade. There will be many many Republicans who do not support this even if the vocal agitators make it seem otherwise and at Primary elections they will have their chance to select more moderate candidates. Hardline pro-life candidates will start losing as this will alienate a lot of floating voters. It has been 50 years of rhetoric, now they have to live with the consequences of achieving it and it might well move the party to a more accommodating position.

None of which is any consolation to the women (adult human females) affected whilst that long slow realignment takes place.

Soldato
When it is born, it has rights. This is pretty much the view of most international rights bodies.
Even If you decide an unborn has rights, then it doesn’t really matter as they can not be absolute. The rights of the woman are of greater importance.
Finally, it doesn’t matter. The topic at hand is a legal decision and it’s not the job of the judiciary to decide on questions of morals which is what you’re asking.

Sounds like you're hiding behind legislation so that you don't have to think critically.

Associate
Others in this thread have expressed my current thoughts better than I can. I do think the women's life should take priority. And until the baby has reached the stage of being sufficiently developed abortion should be easily available. Where my thoughts are far more murky is should the upbringing that the parents can provide be taken into consideration.

Soldato
Or the contraceptive has failed as, AFAIK, they don't state they are 100% effective.

Given they are not 100% effective, would you be ok with abortion of an unwanted pregnancy if the people involved used contraception yet it failed?
Really depends on the term of the pregnancy as discussed above.
Personally, I would just have the baby, even though it would be a nightmare (isn’t going to happen I’ve had a vasectomy to avoid this sort of problem) but obviously personal circumstance would come into it.
We have used the morning after pill, (years ago - I’m 50) had condoms split etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom