1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortion

Discussion in 'SC Archive' started by JodieO, Oct 18, 2002.

1. JodieO

Sgarrista

Afaik they still do that.

2. alle v

PermaBanned

...I don't know how women think in those terms.

If you couldn't make up your mind or circumstances changed and you decided on an abortion.

The doctors have agreed that it isn't going to put you at risk and you plan to go ahead only to be told that someone you don't know, who doesn't know you, decides that having the baby is the best thing to do.

What right do they have to tell you?

There are too many 'champions of the cause' nowadays. Not just in this area but everywhere.

There's the danger that the mother attempts the abortion herself after being told she must have the baby. She could do herself harm in the process assuming she doesn't die.

Is there a law on this? ...I don't know what they would class it as if the baby was over the current 'timeline' and the mother did a home abortion.

Somebody has to make a choice and live with it. I can't see it being anyone but the mother that could.

3. JodieO

Sgarrista

The point is that after a baby can survive it is wrong to allow abortions. I think that any women that would want an abortion later than 5 months is very seflish as she would have to go through labour anyway and might as well wait and have the child adopted as it would make little difference to her if she didn't want it. The labour would be almost as painful and difficult as a normal birth. I really wouldn't be bothered if the woman hurt herself as the baby would be hurt anyway, the law is around 5 months as a late abortion but later if the baby is seriously ill.

4. alle v

PermaBanned

...What action can be taken against the mother?

I can't profess to know how or what a 'mother to be' feels in any shape or form. I can't decipher her thoughts or hopes/fears etc.

Her decision shouldn't necessarily be produced on a whim but it shouldn't be a lengthy process to get to the end solution....and ultimately she has to live with whatever happens.

Its just I think she should be given the one and only vote in these matters.

5. Manlove is my forte

Sgarrista

Again what if the father wants the baby. He has just as many rights to the baby as the woman.

Also from what I have read it is just as painfull and can take as long as labour so why not just give birth and give the baby away?

I can understand not wanting a baby but killing it whilst it is inide you is babraric.

I am more aposed to the methods used as a posed to the action. I personally would never abort a baby.

6. JodieO

Sgarrista

It's just as much the father's baby as the mother's so I think it should be a joint decision. What about if he can't live with the fact that his baby is dead? You can't have an abortion late for just any reason if you do something yourself you'll probably get an infection and may end up infertile which some would say is poetic justice. If a woman really wants an abortion it should be done as early as possible, nowhere near 5 months. I wouldn't agree with it though.

7. alle v

PermaBanned

...You're forgetting I said that I didn't recognise that there was anything to 'kill' until birth.

This would then negate the need for the father to have any decision to make...as it would just be the mother's.

8. Manlove is my forte

Sgarrista

That is the stupidest comment i have ever heard no only that it is narrow minded insensitive and complietly unetical

From the second of conseption onwards the baby is both the fathers and mothers. If one chooses to keep it the other should respect that desition

edit sorry if that sounds personal I am critisising the comment not the poster

9. JodieO

Sgarrista

If there isn't anything to kill why the need for an abortion? There is a feotus and it is alive, it has organs and a nervous system. It has fingers, toes, a body and a face. I don't think many people would agree with what you think about there being nothing to kill, especially the people that see the baby when they are born alive breathing and moving. I'm sorry but if that isn't alive then I don't think any of us are. I'm talking about aborted babies here. There is nothing magical about it the aborted babies are the same as the ones that are born early.

10. alle v

PermaBanned

...So its 50:50 and the mother loses out because she still has to go through with it.

That has to be wrong!

11. alle v

PermaBanned

Guess I'm the only one then. There can't be another person on this earth who could possibly agree with me. :p

Maybe some women are not sensitive to your point of view and can quite happily have an abortion.

Or maybe the methods need to be updated.

You've drawn your line and I've drawn mine.

12. Manlove is my forte

Sgarrista

What???

How does she loose out? She has to give birth? surely no more painful than the abortion.

does she have to have the sleepless nights? does she have to rearange her life to support a job and a child?
    does she have to spend a min of 18 years feeding clothing and worring about this child?

No

so how does she loose?

she just doesnt gain anything.

If she doesnt want the child she can end the relationship (it wouldnt work anyway) and get on with her life

13. JodieO

Sgarrista

I never said you were the only one. It is strange to advocate later abortions than 5 months though. The baby can live after 5 months that needs to be recognised.

14. alle v

PermaBanned

...Maybe so.

15. alle v

PermaBanned

...She loses out as its her body and she is being told what can and can't be done with/to it.

Maybe she could cope better without the knowledge that someone else has her baby? ...with the fact that there no longer is one.

Noone can speak for the mother in every case apart from the mother herself.

We can only put forward out points of view/beliefs.

They happen to differ on this occasion.

16. Manlove is my forte

Sgarrista

And what of the father knowing that the mother of his child decided that as the child was in her body she had devine rights over it and that he had not right to have this child. Whatso ever.

As i have said eariler if you dont want a baby dont have sex

17. alle v

PermaBanned

Thats just about sums it up.

...You were doing so well until this point.

18. Manlove is my forte

Sgarrista

Im serious.

If you are prepared to have sex you should also be prepared contraseptivly and also be prepared that you might become pregnant. If you (as a female) suspect that after sex the contraseption might not work you should get the morning after pill and take it.

I have no sympathy for people who get pregnant when they are lax with pertection. I have a little sympathy for thoes who get "unlucky" but then Every one knows the safest sex is no sex.

And that is what sex was designed for - making babies.

People these days are slowly working their way out of personal responsabilites.

its shocking that people are now so flipant about abortion. It was a completly frowned upon practice until recently.

19. daz

Capodecina

There is a big difference between a baby and a group of cells. When most abortions are carried out the baby is no more aware, sentient or alive than a plant.

Murder is also only murder when somebody is illegally killed. Since you're not actually killing a person, it isn't murder.

20. Manlove is my forte

Sgarrista

I beg to differ

have you read this link?

http://www.catholic.net/rcc/loveboth/chapter13.html

Just because it isnt out side of the womb when the abortion starts doesnt nesisarily mean it is a group of cells that isnt alive. after a certian period the fetus is capable of hearing its parents and moving.