About to purchase, need Final Spec Check

Associate
Hi, I'm about to buy this to build:

overclockersukyourbaske.png

The motherboard I have in my basket is out of stock so I'm thinking of buying either this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-201-GI&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=1481 (Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AMD 785G)

or this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-198-GI&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=1481 (Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P AMD 770)

Though I'm not sure which, help would be appreciated. Also any other suggestions or complete changes before I checkout. I won't be using this for gaming, mainly Photoshop and Illustrator work.

Cheers.

Permabanned
you can probably ditch the gfx card all together and just use the onboard, the new 785G chipset is pretty poweful as far as onboard gfx goes, 550W PSU will do with gfx card, 450W without

Permabanned
Corsairs a better make really than Akasa, one of best, the HX series are brand new so more efficient, and the modular bit means you only plug in the cables you need to use, so it makes cable management easier/tidier

Associate
OP
Ah, cheers. I've replaced the Akasa one with the Corsair. It'll be enough to power everything, yeah?

I should be buying it all in a few minutes. Just looking around in case I find other better parts.

Permabanned
yeah it'll power it no problem, ONLY thing you could improve upon is case, everything else in spec is top notch, but that case is perfectly adequate too so no need to upgrade

Associate
OP
I'll leave the case for now and perhaps upgrade the case next year when I get more money, student life really screws with your bank balance. Thanks a lot for the help mate, I really do appreciate it.

Permabanned
no probs, yeah as I say that case is fine, used one myself in a recent build, just saying everything else is top line, that isnt, but its still decent budget spec, enjoy

Back
Top Bottom