Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
4Nohyn8.png
Yas Island
When was the track built?
In 2006, plans were announced to develop Yas Island, located just to the east of Abu Dhabi, into a new tourist destination, with a major part of the plans centring around a 5.5km race track. The diggers rolled into what would become the Yas Marina Circuit in May 2007, with the project completed by October 2009.

When was its first Grand Prix?
In 2009. The track debuted as that year’s Formula 1 season finale, with Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel winning from team mate Mark Webber and the already-crowned 2009 champion Jenson Button. Vettel would go on to secure his first title in Abu Dhabi a year later, amid much crying.

What’s the circuit like?
The Hermann Tilke-designed track is dominated by its 1.2km straight between Turns 5 and 6 – which, with slow-speed corners marking its beginning and end, makes it a honeypot for overtaking moves. Other highlights include the tricky run through Turns 10 and 11 into 12, which forces the drivers to brake hard with bags of lateral load still on the car. Track modifications ahead of the 2021 race, shortening the lap slightly to 5.28km, have only added to its excitement.

TV Times
Sky:
UhqTQvZ.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 6.55pm
Sun - Race Build up LIVE 12pm
- Race Highlights 5.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
bCr4Mxm.png

Weather Forecast
87Ok3DV.png

WDC Standings
EPADQJK.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
f2aV5SL.png

Practice 1
[to be added]

Practice 2
[to be added]

Practice 3
[to be added]

Qualifying
[to be added]

Race
[to be added]

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not sure my nerves can take this one. Hoping for a clean race. Actually, I’d take a Hamilton drive into the sunset and the flag. As this season has shown is that anything can happen. My money would be on Hamilton.

Can’t believe we’re at the final race and even points. Who would have thought that at many times this season. I’ll be watching every highlights reel back after this one.

Soldato
Not sure my nerves can take this one. Hoping for a clean race. Actually, I’d take a Hamilton drive into the sunset and the flag. As this season has shown is that anything can happen. My money would be on Hamilton.

Can’t believe we’re at the final race and even points. Who would have thought that at many times this season. I’ll be watching every highlights reel back after this one.

The one time we want the classic pole to flag boring win! I fear vsc and SC and red flags are just so commonly over used now that Hamilton could be up against some more bad luck again. It seems everything in its power is trying to prevent him winning, including the weather this season. This is what would make this title such an emotional release, to come back against RB when they had the better car for much of the season, Max's cheating, the stewarding, politics....everything. If he wins it will be possibly the best sporting moment some of us will ever witness in our lifetime... I'm pumped for this. It's been a rollercoaster.
Thanks to the OP for the threads.

Associate
Have been rooting for Max all season, opinion has changed after the antics of late.

Let's just hope for a clean race, but the 2021 championship in either LH or MV hands 'IMO' will go down as one of the most controversial seasons ever and not deserved by either for their lack of sportsmanship

Let's just hope Bottas does not do a torpedo like what happened at the Hungarian GP.

Hoping the Haas 2022 car and Schumacher will see some points next year.

Caporegime
Thanks for all the threads, @Shimmy :)

I'm really looking forwards to this weekend, but nervous that it'll end in some horrible incident.

Let's just hope for a clean race, but the 2021 championship in either LH or MV hands 'IMO' will go down as one of the most controversial seasons ever and not deserved by either for their lack of sportsmanship

Unless there's real ugliness in the last race, then whoever wins will have earned it, IMO. Yes, there's been controversy, and some horrid incidents, but both Lewis and Max have been driving on another level and both have delivered true championship winning performances in multiple races.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hoping Norris can do the business and finish 5th in the standings.

He's certainly due some luck, after a bad run of results in the past 4 races.

Associate
Can we get a pre race pole?

1. Max goes flat out to the finish line and wins
2. Lewis cruise off into the sunset and gives a inspiration speech at the end
3. Max forgets about the corner and wipes out ….
4. Shock monsoon and the race never stars
5. turnip

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’ve added a pre-race poll, although a bit more simple than your request.

Don’t panic: the race poll will appear post race :)

Soldato
and-here-we-go-joker.gif

After the last race who knows what we'll get, but I'll be glued.

Soldato
Well I see I’m going against the grain in the voting. I wonder how many voted on who they want to win rather than who will.

Sadly I can’t see anything else happening except Verstappen trying something desperate. Which puts him in a more favourable position as he’ll win on countback.

That said I really hope Hamilton can win it just to annoy Verstappen and Horner some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom