Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Max will take him out at some point and still win on points even if they both come a cropper. Its typical he can't get in pole without cheating sneaking a draft from a teammate, he'll stop at nothing to get in front.
You do know they proved that the tow wasn't where he got the speed right? And that his second lap without it was just as fast before he was told to stop to save the tyres.

Like what are you even saying at this point...its just pure vile bs.

Soldato
Putting a level headed view on it, I believe Max has been more unlucky than Lewis on balance and deserves the championship, its just a shame he resorts to such an aggressive style. Having said that I want Lewis to win.

Caporegime
Toto said in an interview with CH4 that they just didn't get the softs into the optimal window before the start of the lap and they didn't want to mess about with a tow as it's not something they have much experience of.

End of the day, unless Bottas performed Max was always either P1 or P2 and with his starts, the softer tyre and his late braking his was likely to be P1 by the end of the first lap anyway!

It's not the optimal for Merc but I don't think it's too much to be worried about at this point. If Max gets away from the start and pulls a massive gap it's time to worry.

Yep, with max on sorts and Lewis on mediums, I really think pole for Lewis would have been far more dangerous. Max would have been all over him due to the tyre advantage.

Caporegime
Putting a level headed view on it, I believe Max has been more unlucky than Lewis on balance and deserves the championship, its just a shame he resorts to such an aggressive style. Having said that I want Lewis to win.

I'm not so sure. He's been incredibly fortunate not have been penalised more harshly for his antics in the last few races.

He should have had the book thrown at him last weekend for all the **** he pulled. Repeatedly made no attempt to stay on the track through turns 1 and 2 so he could stay ahead, unsafe returning to the track and then swerving and slamming the brakes on with someone metres behind on a straight. Should have been disqualified in my opinion, not just given a few time penalties that made no difference.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I doubt it. He's too concerned about his image, especially as an older driver who wants to move onto other things, Max isn't.

Titles that go down to the wire like this usually end up problem ridden for the contenders (like Lewis first WDC). So my money is on Lando for Sunday, chuffed with his quali today.

He didn’t seem too concerned when he tried to slow rosberg back into vettel.

when did red bull change the rear wing?

red bulls soft tire pace was on friday? with more wing?

Indeed. Since then they’ve taken less wing which should increase tyre wear through the corners.

As long as neither Hamilton nor Max lucks into a SC and the championship, then if it’s fair and on track I’m not fussed who wins it. May the best man/car win.

Soldato
I'm not so sure. He's been incredibly fortunate not have been penalised more harshly harshly his antics in the last few races.

He should have had the book thrown at him last weekend for all the **** he pulled. Repeatedly made no attempt to stay on the track through turns 1 and 2 so he could stay ahead, unsafe returning to the track and then swerving and slamming the brakes on with someone metres behind on a straight. Should have been disqualified in my opinion, not just given a few time penalties that made no difference.

I’m something of a Verstappen fan, but I fully agree with all of the above. Redbull need to have the Riot Act read to them today before the race.

Caporegime
I’m something of a Verstappen fan, but I fully agree with all of the above. Redbull need to have the Riot Act read to them today before the race.

It's a shame, because even if he wins he has tainted it somewhat with the last few weekends. He's undoubtedly a ridiculously fast driver and his consistency in terms of pace is amazing.

He needs to be able to race hard without cheating /going off the track though. He needs to learn to concede a position if the only alternative is to cheat and keep it. He's so fast he could probably get it back afterwards anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom